• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Colorado Springs has a bunch of military bases in it. Many military drive cars licensed in their home states. Northern CO also has a lot of military across the border in Cheyenne WY. It is not unusual to see out of state plates all over the I-25 corridor and heading west on I70 into the mountains for recreation. I don't think LE as a whole target out of state vehicles to hassle red staters. I think some areas (small towns, poor counties) might be more inclined to pull over out of state speeders, but this is easily mitigated by driving the speed limit through CO. personally, I would have no problem driving through CO with an unloaded weapon locked in the trunk.
    CSP used to wait just across the border on 385. Pulled over cars with Texas plates for doing 1 mph over, while Colorado cars flew by.
    Lynx Defense

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I’m leaning toward going naked on this trip. I‘ll carry a knife and mag light. The car we are taking is fully insured, and we won’t have a lot of cash with us. If we were just passing through, then I’d go or it. But, we will be stopping for tours and such which is a gray area in my mind. Appreciate everyone’s input
    Not sure about all of the various state laws, but something like this should be solid for driving in CA:

https:// www.amazon.com/dp/B071H7CXC6

Use the cable to secure it to something solid, then keep in the center console area, pistol and mag separately in safe. Still counts as a secure storage area like a trunk, but obviously much quicker with just a few seconds requires to access and load...

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Moving from Indiana to Texas, I had to pass through Illinois. I’ve made 8 trips through that hell hole transporting NFA items. I fill up in Terre Haute, Indiana, then don’t stop for any reason until i reach Missouri.

I would never willingly visit a commie state. Driving through one was bad enough.

Imagine, “do you have any weapons in the vehicle”, Bahahaha!!!

Top Bottom