• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Backpack with lots of pockets and straps + four handgun "slots" on the bottom front pouch.

From Case Club (amazon link, no affiliate code):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012BLL84W

91gejzV0ksL._SL1500_.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks just about identical to the NRA range bag I have. Probably made by the same company.

I like it, but there's not a lot of internal storage space.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Interesting concept, but I don't quite see the point. You won't be able to draw from the backpack while wearing it, making the pistol storage design somewhat useless. Pistol rugs seem to be an easier way to transport several handguns at the same time, which would allow for more storage for other things...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's a range bag by design, not a BOB. That's why it's not easy to draw from.

It handles what is needed for a range trip pretty well, plenty of room for mags and easy to keep them accessible, ear pro, staple gun, targets, etc. But wouldn't be my choice for bugging out or even a GHB. Or any other super secret tactical squirrel ops.

It's good at what it was made for, and pisses of liberals by looking like a backpack.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So it pretty much functions exactly like the range bag I have now. I still don't see it being anything special. My range bag will easily hold four pistols and all the ammo, gear, etc. I need.

Also, given that it looks like any other back pack, I don't see how it would piss off liberals. If anything, to do that you'd want a range bag that looks like a range bag! :D

Still, I do kinda like it; and the price is decent! Wouldn't say I'd pass on one if they ever went on sale...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I would like to see a pic of the shoulder straps though. Based on the design of the rest of the bag, I doubt they'd be anything but sturdy; but I still would like to know for sure before ordering!

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Lots of wasted space for a bugout bag. If I'm bugging out, I'd only want/need mags/ammo in my backpack. Pistol will be on my hip. Gotta leave room for the other essentials.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So it pretty much functions exactly like the range bag I have now. I still don't see it being anything special. My range bag will easily hold four pistols and all the ammo, gear, etc. I need.

yup, just a different style of range bag.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would like to see a pic of the shoulder straps though. Based on the design of the rest of the bag, I doubt they'd be anything but sturdy; but I still would like to know for sure before ordering!

I'll try to get a few pics of mine this evening, although it's probably not the exact same bag.

Top Bottom