• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    While I agree with his observations in the article, it's a bit "light" for him...kinda obvious, you know?

Currently reading his The Storm Before the Calm -- so far, enjoying his work, as always.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Good read. Thank you for sharing.

The last line is well said:

Yep. George writes far better than me. But I’ve often said the entitlement mentality of people these days IS the problem. No sense of community that doesn’t revolve around them. No sense of service that doesn’t include them being recognized and rewarded for their efforts. No sense of purpose beyond themselves. No compression of duty, of honor or ... of dignity.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    But I’ve often said the entitlement mentality of people these days IS the problem. No sense of community that doesn’t revolve around them. No sense of service that doesn’t include them being recognized and rewarded for their efforts.
    If we ever wondered what would happen from handing out participation trophies to a generation of kids, we now know.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    While I agree with his observations in the article, it's a bit "light" for him...

Yep...but that’s what us old guys do. They ponder and reflect. What’s happening in our country today is causing many that still think to ponder...and reflect.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Looks like friedman has already mastered the Black and white capitalization thingee so in vogue these days. But of course there's no surprise there.

Top Bottom