• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malatesta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2020
    Austin
    Can one build an ar that uses the same kind of piston kit that's on an Adam's arms rifle for less then 800 what's kind of lower and bolt and other specific parts should I look for ? Thank you kindly for the green question.
    Guns International

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If you can find a Sig 516 upper for sale and at the right price and all you would need is a complete AR lower. They come with a BCG. AIM had them for $599 and SPG had them for back order for $475. Both places seem to go in and out of stock/availability so they may not currently be in stock, but if that wold work, you might want to keep an eye out for them there.

I should note also that they are the 14.5" models so you would either have to pin and weld an extension, add a brace or SBR it if you intend to play by the rules.

Malatesta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2020
    Austin
    Are there certain kinds of flowers that are more compatible ? Or not compatible? And here's an extra stupid question can I use a cz style bolt carrier group for less recoil?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Can one build an ar that uses the same kind of piston kit that's on an Adam's arms rifle for less then 800 what's kind of lower and bolt and other specific parts should I look for ? Thank you kindly for the green question.
    I just saw an Adam's complete rifle at KY gun co for pre panic prices. In their ad. Definitely about or less than you could build. Unless you just added a piston kit to an AR you already have.

Model called voodoo witch doctor for 649. Dont know if its piston or not.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Are there certain kinds of flowers that are more compatible ? Or not compatible? And here's an extra stupid question can I use a cz style bolt carrier group for less recoil?

As far as the 516, any standard lower works. I don't recall ever hearing of any piston specific lowers.

Model called voodoo witch doctor for 649. Dont know if its piston or not.

It's not. I had to look myself.

Top Bottom