Lynx Defense

Insect Expert Removes Fully Automatic Rifle From Military Vehicle 'In The Name Of Public Safety'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    “In the name of public safety, I removed the weapon from the abandoned, unlocked vehicle on the side of the road & secured it in [the] National Butterfly Center where Texas National Guard was able to reclaim it,” Wright said. “The idiots didn’t even realize it was missing when they returned to the truck.”

Stolen from Reddit, for your amusement... Reddit comments funny as usual...

Hurley's Gold

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    From the story:

Marianna Wright, the executive director of the National Butterfly Center, admits to entering a vehicle she knew was operated by military personnel, removing a firearm, and transporting it to her place of work.”

I don’t know what is more surprising to me…

1. There is a “National Butterfly Center”

2. A silly organization called the “National Butterfly Center has an “Executive Director”

3. The ED of the NBC actually stole a firearm from a military vehicle….or

4. The NBC actually allows firearms on their premises, as demonstrated by the ED

So confused….

oh, not at all surprised a weapon was unsecured in a military vehicle…not saying it was okay, just not surprised by it….

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Karen should be eating charges of auto burglary (or whatever the statute is called) + theft of government property + unlawful possession of an unregistered machine gun + violation of whichever chapter (05/06/07) of the penal code her bug museum no doubt has posted.

We might get a win out of that in a multitude of ways:

Karen gets smacked with 3 or 4 felony charges + some misdemeanors - takes a plea making her a felon, has to pay up or go to prison, and she loses her right to vote (one less legitimate liberal vote)

Karen takes a plea of a multitude of high level misdeameanors - has to pay up some hefty fines and take her L. Its a small victory, but hey, whatever.

Alternately:

Karen has a lawyer who isn't a fucktard, fights the charges, especially the machine gun charge. Winds up having to argue it all the way to SCOTUS because the NFA infringed on her rights and we may see the NFA overturned.

Karen (her lawyer, anyway) winds up becoming a hero of the 2A crowd

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    “The idiots didn’t even realize it was missing when they returned to the truck.”
    thinking-batman.gif

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    phucked up at every level.
    I find the whole deal highly amusing...

Karen embarassed the NG and I'm sure they don't like it. Karen didn't hurt anybody, and may have actually prevented the M-4 from being stolen by someone with worse intent. Details are sketchy...

If their were charges, and I was on her jury, I think I would nullify any gun charges, just like I would for most anyone else charged with stupid NFA gun charges.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Why didn't she turn the vehicle off in the interest of environmental safety? When will she be arrested for trespass? Should be arrested for theft, unlawful possession of a NFA weapon as well.
    Nothing will happen to her. She's on the left side of the laws. They don't apply to her. Case closed.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Nothing will happen to her. She's on the left side of the laws. They don't apply to her. Case closed.

I hope your wrong...doubt that you are. I would hope she gets treated like any other person that broke into government property, steals government property, in possession of a Class3 illegally & any other charge they can find.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I hope your wrong...doubt that you are. I would hope she gets treated like any other person that broke into government property, steals government property, in possession of a Class3 illegally & any other charge they can find.
    Sadly, @BBL is probably correct. She should be facing several felony charges because of actions. But, probably won't, because she had good intentions.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Yup, center was closed in Feb this year. Next to border patrol corral and Rio Grande. Guard doing patrol I guess, don't see they did anything wrong. Doubt it was a 'machine gun', just select fire. But playing with a gun and not knowing if it is loaded is kinda STUPID anyway. Karen is lucky nobody get shot. Karen obviously not knowing anything about guns - first rule - - if it ain't yours, leave it ALONE!!

Top Bottom