Gunz are icky.
    C9F079DF-C824-4095-917D-6D28576F0481.jpeg

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I work with bounty hunters on occasion and I tread very carefully. I've found the easiest way to deal with fugitives is to catch them in transit. The BH that calls me on occasion will have a fugitive located. He gives me the suspects information and I check to make sure the warrant is still valid and start doing my own research. I tell the bounty hunter to do his surveillance and call me when the fugitive moves. Usually my squad is close and we stop the fugitive on traffic and worse case scenario is that we have a chase. They usually comply and that gives me a chance to identify everyone in the vehicle and see if the fugitive is an occupant. If not, let them go with a warning and you don't have a shootout in someone's house.

Last edited:

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    In my two experiences with Bounty Hunters ( right address, wrong person). They we’re full of bluster and tried to use intimidation. I can see where one would feel threatened.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I've told this story on here a few years ago:

Bounty hunters, 2, banged on my door at 2 in the morning. I opened the door to two dick heads in plain clothes, black plate carriers, badges around their necks, with guns in my face. These guys were banging so hard that had I been a gun owner at the time, I would had probably answered it with a gun in my hand. I didn't realize they had those badges until the dialogue started, but again, had I been a gun owner, I can only imagine what would had happened. I'd probably be dead today. I was tired, woken up and startled with their banging... I wasn't in the right frame of mind to make the best decisions, so it would had been bad.

Anyway, I open the door with their guns in my face. I say something like "what the hell is going on". They looked confused and asked me if my name was, whatever the hell my neighbor's name was. I said "no man I think that's the guy next door". They ask "is this 10041". To which I responded "no, 39". They then said "oh dang sorry man have a nice night". I was too tired and went right back to bed but the next morning I woke up dumbfounded as hell.

I believe no nock warrants, or any kind of surprise bust in entry should be banned. Too many people are killed and injured, including LEOs, because they get addresses wrong so often, the people no longer live there, their informant lied, and many other reasons.

There are zero "reasons" why a no knock warrant is "better" than surprising them when they're out and about or exiting the house. I've discussed this with some LEO friends and a DEA family member and THEE given reason is always "but they could get rid of evidence". OH, ok, because collecting evidence is much more important than making sure your officers are safe, as well as the people inside the dwelling. If they can get rid of all of the evidence THAT fast, then you had a shitty case to begin with.

When I hear of innocence and/or officers killed in a no knock warrant, gone wrong, it boils my blood. Although the breach is on your terms, it's on THEIR turf and if alerted and given enough time to respond, on their terms, as well. Why, when you can take them down on your terms AND on your turf? Just makes no sense.

Just my experience and opinion in the matter. Take it for what it's worth.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Bounty hunters do not need warrants. They can be sued for going to the wrong house.
    At least that was whats what about 15 years ago when my buddy was doing it. BH is an officer of the Court, no search warrant needed to capture fugitives.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    Bounty hunters do not need warrants. They can be sued for going to the wrong house.
    At least that was whats what about 15 years ago when my buddy was doing it. BH is an officer of the Court, no search warrant needed to capture fugitives.
    Presumably no warrant is needed for one to catch a bullet between the eyes while he is attacking the wrong target?

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    incidents like this make me want to exchange addresses with our dog house. maybe put 789 1/2 on the front door.

”is this 789 Cleveland Ave?”

”that’s next door, this is 789 1/2”
    085B619C-1834-4D37-8E0D-76B066078A2C.jpeg

Last edited:

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    What if Ricky Brannon was open carrying?
    Or would he have been better off with a truck gun?

Could be an entirel different out come.

Somebody earlier said the gunfight started when R Brannon got his shotgun. The gunfight could start the instant soneone pulls out a gun in my opinion.

If you are getting home and a bunch of people start shouting w their guns pointed at you, whst would you do?

I ask cause I’d like to think that I wouldn’t run into my hpuse to get my shotgun. Also, I would hope I don’t reach ingo my car to get my handgun while people have the drop on me.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I've told this story on here a few years ago:

Bounty hunters, 2, banged on my door at 2 in the morning. I opened the door to two dick heads in plain clothes, black plate carriers, badges around their necks, with guns in my face. These guys were banging so hard that had I been a gun owner at the time, I would had probably answered it with a gun in my hand. I didn't realize they had those badges until the dialogue started, but again, had I been a gun owner, I can only imagine what would had happened. I'd probably be dead today. I was tired, woken up and startled with their banging... I wasn't in the right frame of mind to make the best decisions, so it would had been bad.

NEVER open the door at 2 am or any time to a complete stranger, NEVER.

2am, call 911 and sit on your side of the door, from concealment, cover if you have it, ready to unload if they break in.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    NEVER open the door at 2 am or any time to a complete stranger, NEVER.

2am, call 911 and sit on your side of the door, from concealment, cover if you have it, ready to unload if they break in.

Yep, learned that shit the hard way, a decade ago.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom