• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hard to say as I don't really like indoor ranges. I really only use them for rainy days... I'm curious tho, what do you have in the works?

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    I have some friends that are interested setting up such a place on the Westside of town. Its because so many people are fed up with the wind, sun, flys, heat, cold, not having equipment or forgetting equipment ect.....remember that most people that have firearms are just casual shooters. Most of us here on the boards have a more energetic attraction to shooting. For the casual shooter its easier to take the wife and kids to an indoor where all the have to do is show up and everything is provided. They can sit at tables and eat or what ever. Even most of us that shoot outside dont have our own tables and portable shade when we go to the desert. So.... long story short there is a distinct possiblity of an indoor place on the westside, but it could take at least a yr to set up.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Indoor, i'd say maybe $150-$175 to have the comfort of climate control and no wind factor when developing loads. But that all really depends on how it's set up. If it's well run/maintained/managed, well lit and remains at a solid temperature each visit, $175.
    I'm way too picky about indoor ranges. If i'm going to be shooting to get exact data it's best that all factors remain constant. Including a control on pesky rapid fire nuts. Maybe have a few lanes set aside for the ones that just want to pepper the target with shrapnel.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Only indoor range I have enough experience with charges $50 month for unlimited use, except, if people are waiting to shoot, you must leave after your hour is up, otherwise stay
    as long as you wish......but they only have 8 lanes which generally means on weekends you don't get much more than an hour per visit.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If I shot at an indoor range, it would only be as needed. There is a lot of lead in the air, and it ends up in the bloodstream. I am s ure that filters could alleviate the problem, but none of the indoor ranges that I have been to make any great effort to reduce it.

I would probably not join unless required, and only use it if needed. Of course it depends on your local climate and facilities. If it had associated meeting facilities, for folks to "hang-out" I would probably be more inclined to join.

"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
    -- Groucho Marx

Top Bottom