Military Camp

Indoor gun range opens in east McKinney (Collin county)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From Community Impact newspaper;
    The Range in McKinney held a soft opening Nov. 9 and a grand opening on Nov. 11 for its new facility in east McKinney. The gun range, located at 415 Industrial Blvd., is an indoor shooting and training center.
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• range.jpg
      range.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 48

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Have you been to it? Closer (and newer) than the bullet trap. I’m looking to check it out soon!
    No, I haven't since I am a member of the outdoor Dallas Pistol Club and shoot as guest at outdoor North Texas Shooters Assoc. Both locations offer weekend matches where non-members are always welcome.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Have you been to it? Closer (and newer) than the bullet trap. I’m looking to check it out soon!
    Pretty much anything would be better than the Bullet Trap. That place, the last time I was there, had turned into a dump. I will never darken the doors there again. There are too many good places to shoot, to waste time and money there.

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    Pretty much anything would be better than the Bullet Trap. That place, the last time I was there, had turned into a dump. I will never darken the doors there again. There are too many good places to shoot, to waste time and money there.
    Bullet Trap has completely revamped its ranges with new backing, all new target movement motors, redone the ceilings, completey overhauled the lighting and I would say that it is now pretty much it great condition. I shoot there every week and they keep saying they have a plan to air condition the ranges. They are definitely putting some money into the place and it's going to be as good as most of the ranges I have been to around the area. I shoot there every week because I get a great deal on range time since I'm a veteran and wife gets a great deal on her shooting on my membership. Can't shoot anywhere that I know of around Dallas area for a better deal.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Well, It's good to hear that they are making improvements. I still will not be going there.
    My last time there, I went to shoot and ended up staying about 20 minutes. I was literally dripping sweat...my shirt was soaked... it was hotter inside than it was outside on a Texas summer day.
    I asked the person at the counter why it was so hot, and when they would get the AC going again. He very abruptly stated "we don't have AC here".... I told him that was odd, because I had shot there MANY times, and it was always at least comfortable. I would have been cooler and more comfortable at an outdoor range. He just looked at me.

The place was also staffed with a bunch of military wannabees, or at least they acted like it, who were borderline rude, at best, indifferent.
    I have nothing against military folks, they are/were trained to act that way. Some of them do not accept the fact that they are no longer in the military... and for them to try to bring that rigid, militaristic behavior into a public shooting range is not for me.

It was a bad experience, all around, and I don't plan to repeat it.

I'm glad you enjoy it... like I said, I shot there for more than 10 years before the last experience.

edit: there are too many good ranges available now.. Texas Legends, in Allen, and the new one in McKinney. Rifle Gear over on 121 in Frisco.... all of them are very nice.

johnt1102

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2023
    McKinney
    Well, It's good to hear that they are making improvements. I still will not be going there.
    My last time there, I went to shoot and ended up staying about 20 minutes. I was literally dripping sweat...my shirt was soaked... it was hotter inside than it was outside on a Texas summer day.
    I asked the person at the counter why it was so hot, and when they would get the AC going again. He very abruptly stated "we don't have AC here".... I told him that was odd, because I had shot there MANY times, and it was always at least comfortable. I would have been cooler and more comfortable at an outdoor range. He just looked at me.

The place was also staffed with a bunch of military wannabees, or at least they acted like it, who were borderline rude, at best, indifferent.
    I have nothing against military folks, they are/were trained to act that way. Some of them do not accept the fact that they are no longer in the military... and for them to try to bring that rigid, militaristic behavior into a public shooting range is not for me.

It was a bad experience, all around, and I don't plan to repeat it.

I'm glad you enjoy it... like I said, I shot there for more than 10 years before the last experience.

edit: there are too many good ranges available now.. Texas Legends, in Allen, and the new one in McKinney. Rifle Gear over on 121 in Frisco.... all of them are very nice.
    Yea, good point. I went there during winter and my daughter and I were freezing our arses off. I tolerated it, but she was miserable. I need to check out The Range since it’s in my back yard

Top Bottom