• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    unting Season, I did this.

Ruger M77.jpg

Today I finished with work early and decided to drive to R&M in El Campo for a #6 ring for the rear mounting position ( Out of text quote available here LOL).
    I know the scope is not color-matched (I'm not that anal), but I had 3 of these not in use, also the scope is a bit long and comes very close to touching the rear iron sight. There are some black accents on this, I think it is not bad at all. Now I need to sight her in this weekend. The scope is a Nikon Monarch 4 X16, I have not hunted in several years (since 2013 or 14), so I have to spend some time reacquiring skills. This is a soft shooting Ruger (Mannlicher) M77 in 7 X 57 Mauser and with at most 150-yard shots. I have quite a few hunting rounds stocked away for this one.
    ARJ Defense ad

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Your Ruger aint no slouch when it comes to looks!
    Thank you, I really try to pick rifles with nice stocks, I like the characteristics of wood, its innate beauty. I am not against synthetics they have their place in the scheme of things such as durability.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thank you, I really try to pick rifles with nice stocks, I like the characteristics of wood, its innate beauty. I am not against synthetics they have their place in the scheme of things such as durability.
    While hunting in Africa my buddies dad brought a Steyr Mannlicher Classic in .308 for plains game. For some reason I think I need a gin & tonic!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I have never had any interest in Big Game hunting, but for those who do, I say let them enjoy the pastime. If it is done legally and ethically I see no harm in keeping species at a healthy population level.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I had a chance to go out and shoot the Ruger today, no spectacular groups, a bit under 2" at 100 yards (3 shot groups). I have about 20 boxes of S&B 173 grn soft points that I bought when I first purchased the rifle. I didn't have any other on hand except some S&B 143 grn FMJ. It is good enough for where I am hunting in Lavaca County. The deer have finally found the feeder, 564 photos in 4 days, 10% motion of the grasses, 4 photos of raccoons, 4 of rabbit and 2 of squirrels, the remaindeer (LOL). 6 different bucks ranging from 6 pt to 10 pt, only one appears legal even though the 6 has the heaviest horns, it is the younger 10. I am happy to see this. When I drove up at 11 am today there was a buck still hiding in the brush at the time.

I also need to find a pad for a better cheek weld.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom