• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    with the .25. with the mag out of the gun. why? as long as the chamber's empty, you can dryfire it. Anyway, he' feels something is "off" about the way it's pointing. holding the gun motionless (:-) in a one hand point at belt level, he moves his head down to where he can look thru the sights (TRY that sometime! ) and notices that the gun is pointing a bit 'high'. He therefore concludes that this is due to the difference in weight, caused by the removal of the 2 ozs of ammo and the mag. :-) The Jetfire weighs just 10 ozs, you know! :-) He had removed the 'too-thick" stock panels and had simply wrapped the frame with tape. Why bother? There's no loose parts, and the exposed little doddads that catch the slide and move the recoil springs (in their little channels on the frame) might get hung up on the gum from the tape one day.

Bond supposedly carried his .25 in a Berns-martin 'triple draw" shoulder rig, but the BM was made for revolvers. So it would have had to be a very much custom made item. It's been over 50 years since I read those books and i can still remember laughing about the point-shooting bs.
    Guns International

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    D9590FDF-0CB6-4B68-92B1-E5A416A8A598.gif

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    with the .25. with the mag out of the gun. why? as long as the chamber's empty, you can dryfire it. Anyway, he' feels something is "off" about the way it's pointing. holding the gun motionless (:-) in a one hand point at belt level, he moves his head down to where he can look thru the sights (TRY that sometime! ) and notices that the gun is pointing a bit 'high'. He therefore concludes that this is due to the difference in weight, caused by the removal of the 2 ozs of ammo and the mag. :-) The Jetfire weighs just 10 ozs, you know! :-) He had removed the 'too-thick" stock panels and had simply wrapped the frame with tape. Why bother? There's no loose parts, and the exposed little doddads that catch the slide and move the recoil springs (in their little channels on the frame) might get hung up on the gum from the tape one day.

Bond supposedly carried his .25 in a Berns-martin 'triple draw" shoulder rig, but the BM was made for revolvers. So it would have had to be a very much custom made item. It's been over 50 years since I read those books and i can still remember laughing about the point-shooting bs.
    Cool story bro...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Fleming got his gun info from Geoff Boothroyd - a poser if there ever was one. Even named his 'armourer' after him.
    Boothroyd was the one that put Flemming straight on guns....he's the reason Bond went to the PPK and larger caliber guns in the novels and movies than just sticking with the .25ACP (a lady's gun, per Boothroyd). Also, at the time of writing, the .32ACP was considered a legitimate military and police caliber.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    Boothroyd was the one that put Flemming straight on guns....he's the reason Bond went to the PPK and larger caliber guns in the novels and movies than just sticking with the .25ACP (a lady's gun, per Boothroyd). Also, at the time of writing, the .32ACP was considered a legitimate military and police caliber.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    shows how much they knew about guns and stopping people with bullets. I've shot many a critter with various .45 loads, ball, lrn, swc, jhp that just ran off, often for 50 ft or more. I watched one feral dog run over 200m across a field after a solid chest hit at 10m with a 380 jhp and he never did slow down. He disappeared into a woodeline I shot a chuck with a .380 jhp at 10ft, he flipped over, so I shot him down thru the face, hit him below one eye, he got up again and I stepped aside and shot him in the temple. copper jp's in 9mm cannot be trusted to expand at less than 1200 fps and when they will be clogged by first piercing clothing, 1300 fps is better. 1000-1100 fps is the threshold for .45 jhp's, too. Only the very lightest, fastest bullets in any given caliber can be expected to expand in flesh, and often not even then, if fired from 3" or shorter barrels.

Top Bottom