Military Camp

IN memoriam to Dave Higgenbotham of Lone Star Rifle Company, 2011.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    If any of you are familiar with Dave and or have seen his work knows how much he is and will be missed. He died tragically in a freak firearms accident in 2011, just ten years ago. I had known Dave for just over twenty years and talked with him weekly exchanging ideas on big bore Remington Rolling Block rifles. The man was an absolute "master' of rifle artistry and beauty! I had just ordered a .45-70 Rolling block engraved/built by Dave a short time before his death. I didn't hear about the rifle for several months. His wife Kathka contacted me because my riffle that I sent him was still there. She told me that it was not completed but the gun had been polished and engraved but the highlighting of the graveature was not done. Did I still want the rifle? "Of course I do!" She didn't want to charge me the full price for something un finished. I told her that I was willing to pay the entire full price that Dave nd I had agreed on. "As a memento to an unfinished friendship, I would be honored to have that beautiful unfinished work of my friend." I sadly but appreciatedly paid the remaining bill. I will NEVER sell this rifle. I do shoot it and thank my friend Dave with every trigger pull....
    I do need to get better detailed pictures
    DSC_0749a.jpg
    DSC_0750a.jpg
    DSC_0751a.jpg
    DSC_0754a.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• DSC_0749a.jpg
      DSC_0749a.jpg
      156 KB · Views: 67
    • DSC_0750a.jpg
      DSC_0750a.jpg
      183.8 KB · Views: 72

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Wonderful remembrance of a friend. You said it very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Dave was a super guy. He would help anyone that asked. We shared everything Remington Big Bore Rolling Blocks. His work is known all over this nation. He was an inspiration to me to continue doing what I do.
    It is so unfortunate that his expertise was cut short and gone. There are others that do magnificent work that also recognize his efforts. I can never measure up to his standards and my work will also be gone and forgotten.
    Such is life....

Top Bottom