Texas SOT

In general, are windows expensive to change out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Specifically, does anyone know a reputable source for this? My neighbor down the street uses Renewal by Anderson all the time but he works for Shell and he's banking these days!

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    We changed out windows several years ago when lived in Commiefornia. Every contractor had their "Brand"that they pushed. Most were crap. We went with Milgard vinyl replacement windows. I think the final tally was about $500 per window installed. We went with replacement as the exterior was stucco and would entail cutting our stucco to get the whole frame out. This would have added thousands to the bill.

Anyway if you plan to do it yourself get a good window, Pella, Anderson etc., at least double pane with E-glass. Check out the contractor real close as there are some slimy ones out there

I know this does not specifically answer for you, but that was my experience. A good contractor will have good windows.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Higher quality window replacements are expensive. Just a fact of the matter. The initial cost to replace and install is pretty damned expensive, and the larger and more windows, the higher the cost to replace them.

But, the advantage is going to much superior replacement windows that will save you much more money in the long rum on energy costs to heat and cool the home. Plus they will have the added benefit of making the home much more comfortable year round.

pbratton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sugar Land, Tx
    $500-$600 per for better quality, builder grade starts around $300.

I am replacing a building grade window, (20 years old), that has frame issues with an Anderson unit. Will probably replace a couple every other month or so.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

I spent a summer doing window replacements for a Pella guy once upon a time. Like anything, the installer is the bottom line on how well the job is done.

Window World has a strong reputation and an absolutely wonderful warranty, along with products that fit any budget.

https://www.windowworldhouston.com/warranty/

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I was listening to 740am or 950am yesterday morning about 11am. What ever home improvement show they air was talking about window replacement. He said windows with installation should be about $40 a window. He siad if your paying more than that then your paying too much. He named off some company but dont recall what it was. You could look up what home improvement shows air around that time & give them a call to see who they were talking about.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    We used Pella casement windows when I built the house. I built a "deeper" overhang to cover the windows when they were open because they opened out (screens are on the inside). They are more expensive but well worth it!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Here's another factor to consider. Who built the house? Under what specs was the house built?

Reason these are important questions is this. Are the windows just standard windows, or custom built for that house?

If they are just standard sized windows, then you can much easier predict the cost, but if they are custom built, then the replacements are going to be much higher in cost.

The small house my father is building is about 1800 sq. ft. and doesn't have a lot of windows or doors, but all his are custom built, and cost him about $18K.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I was listening to 740am or 950am yesterday morning about 11am. What ever home improvement show they air was talking about window replacement. He said windows with installation should be about $40 a window. He siad if your paying more than that then your paying too much. He named off some company but dont recall what it was. You could look up what home improvement shows air around that time & give them a call to see who they were talking about.
    If it was Texas home improvement . It was americas choice windows 10 windows for about 3700

Top Bottom