Texas SOT

In case you are not carrying at the gas station...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If not mistaken, our pumps here will not pump/spray like that anymore.........

We have safety features on our pumps to prevent that....

or am I imagining things again?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If not mistaken, our pumps here will not pump/spray like that anymore.........

We have safety features on our pumps to prevent that....

or am I imagining things again?
    They normally need pressure against the spring, no?
    Good question, but I keep thinking about filling 5 gal gas cans and how I keep pulling the nozzle further out as I fill, until the end of the nozzle is nearly out of the can, touching nothing, and still pumping...

Ronsroom1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2020
    Leander, Tx
    This actually happened to a friend of mine just south of Hawthorn Race Track in Cicero, Il. ( Suburb on West side of Chicago ).
    Jim was pumping gas when a guy with a gun walked up to him, in the middle of the day, and demanded money. Jim pulled the nozzle out of the tank and sprayed the SOB from head to toe with gasoline. The guy was stunned, and Jim just kept hosing him down. He finally ran without shooting soaked in gasoline. He was so shaken that he probably would have never hit Jim if he fired, which would have been instant, Budist Monk.
    I'm sure he was celebit for a long time, LOL, as most of us know what kind of painful rash you get when filling up the lawn mower with gas, accidentally spilling some gas on your leg, and letting it rub on your skin without cleaning up.

Case in point, when I was wearing Green Clothes, back in '68, given to me for free, we used to dip our Zippo's in the overfill of MOGAS from our Jeeps.
    I ONLY ONCE soaked it to long, put the Zippo back in pants pocket and went about my business. Well the excess MOGAS leaked out and I had one hell of a rash on my leg.

Hope this brings a chuckle to all my Brothers and Sisters in arms.

In Loving Memory of my Friend Jim.

Top Bottom