• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I guess I was just bored on Sunday and decided to Wade through some auction listings. Among them was a Smith and Wesson victory performance center version with carbon wrapped barrel. Since it was hovering at $450 I took a shot and won !

It's my first Smith and Wesson 22 and my second performance center gun. It will have the bar set high going against my Ruger mkiii Hunter, 22/45 and buckmark contour. But hey, what's wrong with a little friendly competition. Here's a stock pic from Smith and Wesson's website....

Guns International

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    https://www.tandemkross.com/SW22-Victory®-_c_62.html

They have some decent accessories for the SW22 and the manual is pretty good as well.

p.s. nice score.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a regular Victory and like it a lot, but not quite as much as I like my MkIII. I wonder how that performance center version stacks up...

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Picked it up today. So far I'm diggin' it. About a 4.5lb factory trigger that sets off at 3lb 12oz at triggers end and 4.5lbs at the base. Crisp and predictable. I mounted an ade green Dot and this is my first go round with them so not sure if it will stay there but I like the size of it.

The pistol was cardboard boxed with typical goodies all contained within an obnoxiously large pistol case shown in photo. Only 2 mags but good enough for now. I love the hive grip and the oversized mag release. I've never been a fan of flash suppressed 22s but I guess it looks cool in addition to being a placeholder for a future can. Overall it's quite light, points true for me and has a great fit and finish.

It's competition is no joke with all 3 of them being superb shooters and very proven over the years. The Ruger 22/45 probably sees the most action year round. Naturally, I had to include a pic of those for entertainment purposes.

The real test will be some SXS shooting on some steel at about 15 yards. If I'm lucky I'll get a chance this weekend but if not it will be 2 weeks away. Really looking forward to putting some lead on target soon !

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_221110331~2.jpg
      IMG_20210804_221110331~2.jpg
      3 MB · Views: 93
    • IMG_20210804_221234383~2.jpg
      IMG_20210804_221234383~2.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 94

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    Goid choice, TexMex247. My spendy MKIV Hunter is a beautiful 22LR, but my basic, relatively inexpensive and comely Victory shoots way better OOB than my Ruger. I had to spend even more $$$ to get my Hunter to shoot as good as my nearly stock Victory. I think you'll like that PC Victory.

Top Bottom