Join TexasGunTalk

Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldag, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Katy
    Love.jpg

2. cherok2e

cherok2e Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX

No, the Dems are saying the 2020 or they wouldn't have a case at all. That has been the premise of the impeachment from the git go. He used military aid to get Ukraine to help him interfere in the election of Joe Biden.

There has been one thing that has came out and that is the Javelins were agreed on prior to Trump asking for a favor for 'us'.

Ever seen a photo of the pen Pelosi signed the articles with up close. If it isn't a replica of a .223 it sure is close.
    Nancy's Pen.png

3. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Probably the Chinese 5.8x42mm, looks tapered, and the origin makes more sense for Pelosi.

roadapple and jordanmills like this.
  4. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
  5. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Ok Constitutional scholars. I heard an interesting theory yesterday. I haven't researched it and my knowledge pool doesn't have it.

If trump were impeached, IE convicted in the Senate and removed from office. And then re-elected immediately after he would be treated as if he had never served and would be allowed 2 terms.

Never heard of it BUT if true how about 12 years of Trump.

Ok, Constitutional scholars go for it.

6. roadrunner

roadrunner TGT Addict

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
  7. Antares

Antares Active Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    If this Bolton thing fails as it should, the next big story is that Hillary said she was forced to have sex with DJT in front of his cabinet on the desk in the Oval Office. They will try anything crying, moaning, lying to get their way. Unfortunately these tactics has always worked in the past that is till Justice Kavanaugh which was the first time Conservatives did not hide under their seats. Democraps have some other surprises to come to be sure.

BTW it was great to see the turnout in Wildwood last night a state that is a democrap enclave.

TheMailMan likes this.
  8. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    And in context the us he was referring to is the United States and taxpayers. Even the trump haters were forced to admit that. It's why context is so important and these stupid leaks and anonymous sources wouldn't make it out of the editorial room 20 years ago.

roadapple likes this.
  9. easy rider

easy rider Slacker Extraordinaire TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From what I gather theoretically there is nothing in the Constitution to counter that, but you could imagine the screaming. It's a moot point though, the Dems know impeachment won't happen, they're just hoping it will go on long enough to damage Trump's reelection.

Southpaw likes this.
  10. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's long, but this post explaining a number of things people get wrong about impeachment is quite informative. I think it's worth the time it takes to read it.

https://qr.ae/TDmgPm