• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Part of the punishment of being convicted usually includes he can NEVER hold public office again

Ok Constitutional scholars. I heard an interesting theory yesterday. I haven't researched it and my knowledge pool doesn't have it.

If trump were impeached, IE convicted in the Senate and removed from office. And then re-elected immediately after he would be treated as if he had never served and would be allowed 2 terms.

Never heard of it BUT if true how about 12 years of Trump.

Ok, Constitutional scholars go for it.
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Aaaaannnd Boltons credibility is gone in 3....2...1... Along with more damage to shiff. Dont these phucktards realise video, more importantly the internet and its servers and storage are forever?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schiff-bolton-lack-credibility-senate-impeachment-trial.amp

Some tidbits to wet your palate.....
    newly resurfaced video clips of former national security adviser John Bolton .....
    ...Bolton in August 2019 where he discusses Ukraine policy. In the Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty interview clip, Bolton made no mention of any illicit quid pro quo, and acknowledged, as Republicans have claimed, that combating "corruption" in Ukraine was a "high priority" for the Trump admin .....
    ....Trump's communications with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky "warm and cordial," without mentioning any misconduct......

....Fox News has identified clips of Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., now the lead House impeachment manager, in which he says Bolton had a distinct "lack of credibility" and was prone to "conspiracy theories.".....

...why we would want someone with that lack of credibility, I can't understand," Schiff said......

...Bolton himself had admitted in the past that he would be more than willing to lie if he felt it was in the nation's best interests.

Theres more in there.

Also its interesting that 3 days after the NSC told Bolton his book had classified info in it and also being notified that there was privileged info in it that needed review, probably delaying its release date, someone made the anonymous source leak to the news. Oh and there is still no corroboration of the anonymous sources story.

The Republicans now have the votes to block witnesses, apparently giving cover to and allowing a couple mod Republicans to still vote for witnesses, and probably get 5 dems voting to acquit.

And...the carpet bagger Romney is being told in no uncertain terms hes risking political suicide by giving into his TDS. He was reminded his voters opinions and turnout numbers indicate a high likelihood he would auto fornicate himself if he got out of line.

We shall see.

278 days till the election. Now if Trump can avoid repeated auto penis stomping the left may pay a hefty price in the rust belt. Especially with the left stating they will kill all the jobs Trump created and resurrected from Obama's policies.

I hope the left is eviscerated at election time like the right was after Clinton's impeachment. This time the anti Trumpers have overplayed their hand so bad and so long they must truly be deranged.

The next impeachment inquirie starts Monday.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Fixed it ...

SCHIFF.jpg

Attachments

• SCHIFF.jpg
      SCHIFF.jpg
      218.5 KB · Views: 202

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Aaaaannnd Boltons credibility is gone in 3....2...1... Along with more damage to shiff. Dont these phucktards realise video, more importantly the internet and its servers and storage are forever?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schiff-bolton-lack-credibility-senate-impeachment-trial.amp

Some tidbits to wet your palate.....
    newly resurfaced video clips of former national security adviser John Bolton .....
    ...Bolton in August 2019 where he discusses Ukraine policy. In the Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty interview clip, Bolton made no mention of any illicit quid pro quo, and acknowledged, as Republicans have claimed, that combating "corruption" in Ukraine was a "high priority" for the Trump admin .....
    ....Trump's communications with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky "warm and cordial," without mentioning any misconduct......

....Fox News has identified clips of Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., now the lead House impeachment manager, in which he says Bolton had a distinct "lack of credibility" and was prone to "conspiracy theories.".....

...why we would want someone with that lack of credibility, I can't understand," Schiff said......

...Bolton himself had admitted in the past that he would be more than willing to lie if he felt it was in the nation's best interests.

Theres more in there.

Also its interesting that 3 days after the NSC told Bolton his book had classified info in it and also being notified that there was privileged info in it that needed review, probably delaying its release date, someone made the anonymous source leak to the news. Oh and there is still no corroboration of the anonymous sources story.

The Republicans now have the votes to block witnesses, apparently giving cover to and allowing a couple mod Republicans to still vote for witnesses, and probably get 5 dems voting to acquit.

And...the carpet bagger Romney is being told in no uncertain terms hes risking political suicide by giving into his TDS. He was reminded his voters opinions and turnout numbers indicate a high likelihood he would auto fornicate himself if he got out of line.

We shall see.

278 days till the election. Now if Trump can avoid repeated auto penis stomping the left may pay a hefty price in the rust belt. Especially with the left stating they will kill all the jobs Trump created and resurrected from Obama's policies.

I hope the left is eviscerated at election time like the right was after Clinton's impeachment. This time the anti Trumpers have overplayed their hand so bad and so long they must truly be deranged.

The next impeachment inquirie starts Monday.

Love it!! Just another nail in the proverbial coffin. Must say as maddening as this all has been, I do enjoy seeing the left working themselves up into a lather only to be deflated time and time again because in the end, there is nothing there.

And Romney's not committing political suicide. He'll just run as a (D), which is what he's really always been. Had a good fake run while it lasted.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    On FOX it said Susan Collins will vote for witnesses. They should kick her out of the party she is worthless and that goes for anyone else in the party that votes for them. What a clusterfuk.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There will be no witnesses.

There is a deal for certain senators in places like Maine to vote for witnesses and say Alaska senator not to thus offsetting. Thus not damaging reelection chances that would possibly make Schumer majority leader this time next year.

It is short sighted and frankly a bit too niave to say kick out the couple who vote for witnesses. At what cost?

Remember Kavanah? She voted to confirm. Want her gone if trump wins but it costs us the senate? Dems controlling the Senate directly effect judicial nominations. That's the one huge victory our sometimes buffoonish president will build a lasting legacy on.

More pragmatism less niave.

There are times to be rigid and times to open ones eyes and be flexable.

No one remembers the vote, only the victory. Except at home. Local politics wins majorities. Let's not phuck up what could be a big deal in 277 days cause were pissed one senator made a meaningless vote that helps her get reelected. Have you even looked at the result of her not being reelected.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    On FOX it said Susan Collins will vote for witnesses. They should kick her out of the party she is worthless and that goes for anyone else in the party that votes for them. What a clusterfuk.
    Yep, she has always been a RINO. And that giant sack of crap, Murkowski, will join her. But last I read, they still think they have the votes. They may even be joined by a few Dims (who are more worried about their political careers than the Constitution).

Here's the deal: It's going to be close. In the event of a tie, Justice Roberts votes to break it. Am I the only one a bit worried about that? He didn't serve the people well last time he had that great responsibility.

Sigh.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Collins was greenlighted to vote yes because llamar Alexander is voting no. He's retiring so he has nothing to lose. She has a lot to lose. It was a great tactic. I'm no fan of her but this was a good play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Here's the deal: It's going to be close. In the event of a tie, Justice Roberts votes to break it. Am I the only one a bit worried about that?
    Sigh.

Sigh.

Let's see what the Constitution says about ties:

Article I, Section 3:

4: The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

However, in this specific case, Senate impeachment rules state a majority is needed for any vote to pass. So a ties means it did not pass.

Top Bottom