• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was going to do enchiladas with leftover smoked pork butt. Being a fat lazy bastard I don't want to do the rolling of enchiladas so I'll layer it like lasagna.

My wife makes enchiladas using that method all the time. Sometimes chicken, and sometimes beef. They are pretty danged good. You should really enjoy them with some of that smoked pork butt.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Enchilada casserole we call it.

It's good. Use as many different cheeses and sauces as you can stand. I like rotel and the sharpest cheddar I can find along with a nice mexican blend and some hot cheese too. All freshly grated off a block. Real cheese not processed or pre grated. Lots of black olives red onion and fire roasted chili peppers of your choice.

Flavorful indeed. I use corn tillas but have used flour tillas too. With or without meat and chilies.

Cant screw it up.

ETA you can even throw some fire roasted corn or pre made street corn in there.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Before I build my lasagna I’m going to stuff some more poblanos.

I’m making the sauce for them right now.
    White onions, red bell peppers sweated in a link of chorizo. Then chicken broth with American cheese.

Any leftover pulled pork will go into the lasagna. I have some leftover pinto beans and will add mexicorn for color taste & texture. Monterey Jack to top it all.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Before I build my lasagna I’m going to stuff some more poblanos.

I’m making the sauce for them right now.
    White onions, red bell peppers sweated in a link of chorizo. Then chicken broth with American cheese.

Any leftover pulled pork will go into the lasagna. I have some leftover pinto beans and will add mexicorn for color taste & texture. Monterey Jack to top it all.

I love stuffed poblano peppers! I stuff mine with a sausage and cream cheese mix, and wrap them in bacon and cook them in the oven under the broiler or on the grill outside. Makes a great appetizer.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your lasagna turns out. Sounds pretty danged good so far.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    My wife makes a vegetarian version. Mexicali Lasagna. It was the dish that won my heart almost 18 years ago. Still the one I ask for when I’m asked about what I want for dinner

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Higgins909 is a youngster! His research is just what I would expect. My guess being his age ain’t as easy as us oldster think it is! While old men like myself only have to worry about the next 20+ years, he still has a lifetime.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Knew I had a pic of my wife's masterpiece. Throw a little tabasco on there and chase it with a house Cab. Can't be beat. I can dig up the recipe if any of y'all are interested. Veggie only. Years ago she got creative and defiled it with chicken once. That was almost a deal-breaker but we worked through it.

IMG_5489.JPG

Top Bottom