Capitol Armory ad

Illinois racing to catch up with NJ, NY, OR to "...eviscerate their citizens' Second Amendment Rights"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I heard another state was looking to do the same thing. I don’t understand how that’s even close to legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It may not be but now how do citizens protest against the state. I guess go federal court, years pass, and maybe SCOTUS says law is unconstitutional.
    Hurley's Gold

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    It may not be but now how do citizens protest against the state. I guess go federal court, years pass, and maybe SCOTUS says law is unconstitutional.

Yea that’s the worst part. They can literally pass just about any law they want overnight and it will take us years and tons of money, plus tax dollars for them to defend it, to hopefully get it injoined then hopefully overturned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I listened to the whole thing. One of the proponents of the bill said that this exact sort of legislation had previously been passed for other things and that there were already statutes on the books in the state, apparently for some time.

If true, I suppose those statutes have been held constitutional. Or nobody has had the money to fight them, yet. :(

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    It may be the law but gun owners are not complying very much.

Illinois' new "assault weapon" and magazine ban is in effect, and on October 1, that state opened its registry for grandfathered weapons and magazines so that owners who already have legally purchased weapons can register them with the state. Illinois gun owners, of course, rushed to register their weapons and magazines in compliance with the new law.

Illinois State Police published the first round of statistics Tuesday, and of more than 2.4 million Firearm Owner ID card holders, 1,050 individuals have registered a total of 3,202 firearms, .50 caliber ammunition and accessories.

“You’re at 0.0004%. That’s a rounding error,” gun rights advocate Todd Vandermyde told The Center Square.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom