• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I find it hard to what if about laws of another state.

I do, too. And if weren't for the fact that libtards' evil ideas spread across the nation like the cancer it is, this thread wouldn't be worth the energy expended... other than as a cautionary tale.

Last edited:

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Also add the fact that IL is also saying any weapon purchased during “Freedom Week”, when there was a short injunction on the ban is still illegal. That’s why the affidavit states before the law originally took effect. So they’re saying any guns purchased during the injunction will have to be surrendered by Jan 1 24 or face the consequences……. Door to door confiscation maybe?

It sucks because IL is actually a beautiful state. I got to go there for the first time at the end of last year. Mostly farmland and open fields but yet a bunch of retards in a tiny sliver of the state get to decide how those farmers live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    A friend in IL just sent this to me...

It's worse than even what you saw in the video. Their definition of "assault weapons" is the most aggressive I have seen actually get passed into law. My Taurus TX-22 .22lr pistol is an "assault weapon" under their law. There is no exclusion for rimfire and Taurus was nice enough to ship all of them with threaded barrels. It is pretty much the same feature list approach as the old ban with a few new twists and a shift to any single "bad" feature makes it an assault weapon instead of the old two "bad" features. Pistols and shotguns have their own assault weapon definitions under this stupid law. The mags are 16 rounders which will also be a no-no. Pump shotguns with multiple cylinders like the KSG are out. Rifle mags will be capped at 10 rounds, pistol at 15.

They did have to compromise away harsh penalties for being caught with an oversize magazine ( was going to be a felony ). Now it's a misdemeanor if you are caught with them in public.

I believe the whole being caught in possession of any accessory that is part of their "bad" features list in your possession is a felony. So if you have a stock flash suppressor you took off a rifle and threw in a drawer somewhere because it wasn't important - that's enough to put you away.

I hate this state.

I doubt it's any worse than what Washington state considers an assault weapon.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Illinois.jpg

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    It's the state, it can do what it wants...

However, I feel the likelihood of that happening is very slim to nil.
    No, states rights over the people are limited by the BoR. Neither States or Fed has the right to infring... unless we sit back let them. That's the "why" in progressive; slow gradual indoctrination until it's no longer questioned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    FFLs don't send their forms to the Govt. They are required to keep them for so many years. If they go out of business, then they have to send their files to the Govt.
    That's what is said but do you believe everything they tell you? Let's say your gun is used in a crime, you don't think they will come to your door if you bought it?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    FFLs don't send their forms to the Govt. They are required to keep them for so many years. If they go out of business, then they have to send their files to the Govt.
    Yeah, but it's smoke and mirrors. The government doesn't keep a registry (except old records and closed FFLs), but it does require the FFLs to keep a registry that the government has access to at any time. Serial number trace request to manufacturer/distributors then falls to FFLs.

In Texas, it can stop at the FFL because of private sales, but the government can find out the initial purchaser of a FFL sold firearm rather quickly.

One of the reasons the push to ban private sales is so strong. Don't believe the "it's to prevent selling to criminals" arguments. It's to prevent untraceable pseudo gun registry holes.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom