If your neighbors (or you) have a Gun Safe, Where is ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    We are moving, currently the 48” wide x 28” deep gun safe is in our bedroom closet.
    The new house makes that same location very difficult to get it into.

So without asking where you where youvhave your gun safe, where is your neighbor’s gun safe located in their home?
    Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks in advance.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Proper big gun safes require significant moving expertise. If you cannot get it where you want, maybe expert skills come in to play. The Ft. Knox we use has been within my capacity for ages with refrigerator dolly and three physical adults. But we have always picked placement absent elevation changes of note. The next move for it should be by my son into his gun room.

I am thinking about more smaller safes as an option going forward. Irreplaceable firearms need to be in a fire safe on the least fire risk outside wall. The rest I am leaning toward much lighter and easier to move safety style cabinets. Insurance is cheaper than perfect safety.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I’ll just say that safes not quite as large as yours are very awkward to move through a house and weight over 600lbs empty.

Thinking of the way the Egyptians moved large pyramid stones, lots of golf balls are very helpful. And remove the door, if you can.
    Wooden rods, ~2" diameter. Works great for getting heavy things into and out of tight spaces.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    We really can't help much. You know the design of the new house and the intended use for the rooms. Some people keep them in the garage area and use a dehumidifier inside (can't remember any of the brand names right now).

A good, oak four wheel dolly will allow you to move it just fine - provided no steps. As said above, rollers if you have to move it into a tight space.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My safe has spent it's last 25 years in garages. It's bolted down, it's not fire rated, all the tools to cut it open are very handy, I use a dehumidifier and two bowls of dry rice and have never had any rusted firearms. I never worry about it cuz life goes on.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    All my guns are in the lake.
    1727366283782.png

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    We are moving, currently the 48” wide x 28” deep gun safe is in our bedroom closet.
    The new house makes that same location very difficult to get it into.

So without asking where you where youvhave your gun safe, where is your neighbor’s gun safe located in their home?
    Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks in advance.
    Text sent.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    sorry sir you are going to have to come find them before you attempt entry into them

NOT TODAY MR GUN THIEF

Nice try with the phishing post I see you got some good hookups

Jean Deaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2023
    DFW
    My next door neighbors moved from CA about 5 years ago. Their house had a secret armory room with massive safe door when they bought it, right next to Master bedroom. I was really envious but not for too long. Because these typical Californian transplants being retired liberal teachers, didn't find a good use for the armory and turned it in to an extra walk-in closet, tossing the safe door.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skaggs22
    Top Bottom