• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    I bought an aero Scope mount and it scratched my scope, apparently they need to be lapped/sanded as their finish is gritty.

How about Zev? I also like Odin Works.
    Capitol Armory ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you're putting good scopes on, wouldn't you want to lap the mounts? It really doesn't take that much effort.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I have polished a couple of AR triggers with a Dremel and a cotton wheel with the red polishing compound. Works pretty well and does not actually remove any material.

On the other hand, I find the EPT trigger group from Palmetto State Armory to be pretty nice. It is basically a pre-polished mil spec trigger and they usually sell for about $30.

at that point, a JP spring set, or an aftermarket trigger, like any of the NiB triggers, Geissele, LaRue, etc will give you a trigger that is superior to a polished mil spec.

surface hardening on USGI triggers varies wildly, suggesting that people polish theirs is irresponsible, what might be ok on one trigger is too much on another.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    The point is, there really isnt any need for anything more than a polished mil spec. It will work great and be crisp. Thats really all you need. Save a bunch of money and spend it somewhere that counts. Toolcraft BCG, nice Barrel...

The fact that flamethrowers exist is proof that someone thought “I want to set those people on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done”.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    at that point, a JP spring set, or an aftermarket trigger, like any of the NiB triggers, Geissele, LaRue, etc will give you a trigger that is superior to a polished mil spec.

surface hardening on USGI triggers varies wildly, suggesting that people polish theirs is irresponsible, what might be ok on one trigger is too much on another.

Building your own firearm is irresponsible bro, yet most of the guys on here have done it, and 90% of the guys in here who have built them(myself included) plan to grab em and run n gun when the boogaloo comes, which is doubly irresponsible. A cotton wheel and jewelers rouge will do the job without causing any issue.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is proof that someone thought “I want to set those people on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done”.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Building your own firearm is irresponsible bro, yet most of the guys on here have done it, and 90% of the guys in here who have built them(myself included) plan to grab em and run n gun when the boogaloo comes, which is doubly irresponsible. A cotton wheel and jewelers rouge will do the job without causing any issue.

Theres a big difference between slapping parts together, and changing the geometry of a fire control group that was built to act a certain way.

I've built more than a few AR's, and its not some huge feat that requires you to be a master gun smith.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Theres a big difference between slapping parts together, and changing the geometry of a fire control group that was built to act a certain way.

I've built more than a few AR's, and its not some huge feat that requires you to be a master gun smith.

Funny you would say that and then take such a staunch position on slicking up a trigger group.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Funny you would say that and then take such a staunch position on slicking up a trigger group.

Sure, it's funny if you live in your own little world of bad advice.

Ar parts are plug and play, tbe hardest thing involved in assembling an ar is setting up a tourqe wrench

Trying to figure out how much material can or cant be removed while preserving the life of the component on a surface hardened part is a bit more difficult.

Please stop. Your advice isn't just bad, its dangerous.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Sure, it's funny if you live in your own little world of bad advice.

Ar parts are plug and play, tbe hardest thing involved in assembling an ar is setting up a tourqe wrench

Trying to figure out how much material can or cant be removed while preserving the life of the component on a surface hardened part is a bit more difficult.

Please stop. Your advice isn't just bad, its dangerous.

Im not going to stop, because you are wrong. There is no way you can take off enough material with a polish to make an AR go full auto. Just the fact that you would make a statement like that is enough to infer you dont know the difference between a polish and a grind. If a polish could take off enough material to cause such a catastrophic malfunction, then there is NO FREAKING WAY it would be durable enough to function as a part of the trigger group.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Im not going to stop, because you are wrong. There is no way you can take off enough material with a polish to make an AR go full auto. Just the fact that you would make a statement like that is enough to infer you dont know the difference between a polish and a grind. If a polish could take off enough material to cause such a catastrophic malfunction, then there is NO FREAKING WAY it would be durable enough to function as a part of the trigger group.

Whatever you say, mr expert man

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    1c81a87ee70eb56d0ca9126bc7696e97.jpg

Attachments

• 1c81a87ee70eb56d0ca9126bc7696e97.jpg
      1c81a87ee70eb56d0ca9126bc7696e97.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 243
    Top Bottom