• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So if you were gifted a very very nice 300 black barrel.
    What upper receiver brand would you buy to put it in ?

I am cheep so do not know nice uppers.
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If it’s a name brand barrel by someone that produces uppers, I’d but that brand upper.

Beyond that, I’m an Aero supporter.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    BCM upper/bcg/charging handle, inconel gas tube, aero m4e1 lower, mil spec trigger with a polish.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is proof that someone thought “I want to set those people on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done”.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Aero Precision makes great uppers and lowers at a decent price. Handguards is pretty much what ever feels good to you. My favorite is one I got on sale from Primary Arms for $30. I don't even know what brand it is. Charging handle and gas tube are cheaper the better to me. Gas block, if not shooting suppressed then you really don't need adjustable. Don't go the cheapest on the gas block. Any name brand will do fine. Avoid all Bear Creek Arsenal products. They are hit or miss with lots of miss.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    mil spec trigger with a polish

DON'T DO THIS. milspec FCG parts are surface hardened, and there's no way for you to tell if you've removed too much material until its too late, and even if it still hardened material, it can still wear through and deform engagement surfaces

if you want a nicer trigger, buy one. you'll end up with a superior trigger that has a far smaller chance of going FA.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    DON'T DO THIS. milspec FCG parts are surface hardened, and there's no way for you to tell if you've removed too much material until its too late, and even if it still hardened material, it can still wear through and deform engagement surfaces

if you want a nicer trigger, buy one. you'll end up with a superior trigger that has a far smaller chance of going FA.

I roll my eyes at you sir

The fact that flamethrowers exist is proof that someone thought “I want to set those people on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done”.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    i like aero uppers, they have one that has no forward assist, but has everything else (case deflector, ejection port door cover, M4 feed ramps) that i like.

handguards, current upper has a BCM MCMR that i like, but its a PITA to install

charging handle, get a Geissele ACH. it makes guns feel smooth like nothing else. can be found on sale for ~$50

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Aero Precision Atlas S-One:
    28059033_10216499746952701_7445568285231746834_n.jpg

Attachments

• 28059033_10216499746952701_7445568285231746834_n.jpg
      28059033_10216499746952701_7445568285231746834_n.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 356

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I roll my eyes at you sir

you are giving bad advice. your trigger might feel great, but your DIY modification could (and has) lead to guns going full auto, google "Bill Springfield trigger problems"

I've seen it happen first hand. people think they can accurately measure how much material should be removed from a surface hardened part, and the very first mag empties in a few seconds.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Top notch? Stick with a home grown San Antonio company!

https://sonsoflibertygw.com/

if you walked in with the barrel, they’ll probably walk you through sell you everything you need and help answer any questions you have. Great bunch of guys!
    I almost exclusively use their LPK (sans FCG) and a receiver set from them will be soon. I’ve read really good things about fitment. Aero M4E is a great set too.

Being 300BLK, I’d recommend an adjustable gas block.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Kind of interesting results. I figured it would end up like a what oil should I use.

Looks like Aero Precision wins

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

I have polished a couple of AR triggers with a Dremel and a cotton wheel with the red polishing compound. Works pretty well and does not actually remove any material.

On the other hand, I find the EPT trigger group from Palmetto State Armory to be pretty nice. It is basically a pre-polished mil spec trigger and they usually sell for about $30.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom