• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • will_em

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Passing this along to whoever it may concern. Best youtube channel for learning the compound lifts, period...

This guy is a competing stongman and has a great channel. Recipes, food, form videos, you name it. I've spent hours here and learned a whole lot.

https://www.youtube.com/user/athrall7/videos

Also, if you like his videos, check out Johnny Candito. That man is a monster and also has some good vids, especially on the squat, though not as much good content as Thrall's channel
    Hurley's Gold

Johnny44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Everybody ages, but not everybody ends up with Kevlar mesh to stop their intestines from popping into their nut sack.

Cool beans for some though.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Squats and deadlifts are really helpful especially if you do them safely and you exercise without overwhelming yourself. Damn it don't hurt yourself working to make yourself better. It's about building the muscles you're supposed to use. Choose for yourself how you want to look and feel.

I notice pain and weakness in my knees if I don't do squats a few times a week.

GunGal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    I've started doing light squatting. That extra strength comes in so handy, and let's be honest, men love nice, thick legs, thighs, and butt, which seem to be in fashion these days. ;)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have been lifting now for about 3 weeks. I have stayed away from squats and dead lifts because I just didn't know what the heck I was doing and don't want to hurt myself
    This morning I started with a trainer and we worked for an hour and a half on form mostly with just the bar.

Son of a biscuit. I was beat afterwards .. I got a good workout and you can feel your core really work if you do it correctly. He does not want me loading the bar yet until I get stronger in the back but I am doing some squats with dumbbells.

I can really see how someone would miss out on building your core strength without doing this. You can push and pull all day, 5 days a week if you want, but you won't get your core stronger without squats and deadlifts.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Try a pilates class...zero weight, just movement, and your core will be sore for days, like it's never been sore before.

It also help elongate your spine.
    Spinal compression is a thing, and why folks tend to get shorter as they age.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Form is very important on both of these lifts. I've got some lower back issues due to being too macho and piling tons of weight on that bar. If anybody is new to these lifts get the form down first before increasing weight. Cant argue that these lifts arent effective. Deadlift is damn near a full body work out and squats hit legs like no other. Throw in flat bench and some standing overhead press and your all set.

Top Bottom