• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    If you want people to read your post and see a video, perhaps try not to be so condescending? I am just an armchair therapist so perhaps I am wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I live 3/4 mile from a neighbor or a paved road. I go to TOWN once a week, if I have to. I had fried squirrel, rice, and gravy for dinner. I'm old, don't run fast, but know when to sit and when to stalk. Get the idea?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm old. Nearly constantly in pain somewhere and I smoke. Running is not an option.
    But I live in the country. There are woods 75 yards from the door.

If I get there, would you want to follow me?
    from an idgit coffeeholic

Not sure, but I'm sure Stevie Wonder would be able to track you easy. Hackin coughin weezin. But you could use it as bait to lure in those who took it for granted that you were nearly incapacitated after a 75 yard run.

Me? I'd have to stand an fight. Too crippled to try the 75 yards. Or am I?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Well I watched most of the rather lame video.

Run a mile in tactical gear? Really, never had to run a mile in tac gear in my 26 years of Infantry.

When I was with the 1/9th Inf MANCHU on the DMZ of Korea, every Sat at 0400, 15 mi, full load-out (added 106 lbs to my 6'2" frame) cross country, 3 hrs, don't make it in 3 hrs and its remedial PT till you do and I have NEVER done remedial PT!

All that said if your plans are running a mile, my guess is you are planning on just dying TIRED.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Bunch of wussies, when the Zombie Armageddon comes down, I like all redblooded Americans are going to join the WINNING TEAM. While you losers will be hiding out, or toting your tacticool gear about in some vain hope, we the elite members of Team Zombie will be out there, winning one for the Gipper. Our motto...BRAIIIIIINNNNNNNNZZZZZ....

Yea Team Zombie!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I'm old. Nearly constantly in pain somewhere and I smoke. Running is not an option.
    But I live in the country. There are woods 75 yards from the door.
    If I get there, would you want to follow me?
    from an idgit coffeeholic

Except for the smoking, pretty much the same. Although I'm in good condition for the most part, arthur is setting in pretty good. Ever since I was a wee lad, I have roamed just about every inch of the areas where I live. I know where and where not to go and that is a great advantage for me. If shtf and no dogs were brought in to track, I could survive quit well in less than 3 sq miles out in the woods. If I was to travel north of me, I could go prolly go 20 miles through woods and only cross over a few roads, then there aint nothing but woods. From there, just keep moving north to Oklahoma and head for the mountains.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    TBH, at 400" birdshot probably wouldn't be very effective against a quadcopter either.

RadioHack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Fitness, the most neglected, but the most neccessary prepping thing you can do (it's one my mind because I just blew out my GOOD knee...feeling like prey right now if the SHTF).

Coastal76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2018
    Houston
    I agree exercise is important but I am not planning to present myself in a situation where I am being chased. If I am planning to cover ground it will be paced out to match current requirements due to environment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom