Join TexasGunTalk

IDPA Members CONNECT Here

Discussion in 'Training & Competition' started by SIG_Fiend, May 1, 2013.

1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thought I'd start a stickie. We'll probably end up doing the same for USPSA and I'm sure a few other groups as people develop interest.

Are you an IDPA member? If so, feel free to post up in this thread with your IDPA member number. With the IDPA's website redesign, now it's easier to do things like connect with friends and fellow shooters. I know there are a number of TGT members that are IDPA members, so lets start interacting and having FUN! This may end up being a great way to connect with other IDPA members and TGT members to organize group events in the future, or non-sanctioned practice matches to practice for an upcoming classifier or state match, etc.

I'll start off:

Travis Brown #A51438

To connect with a member, on the IDPA profile page for that member, just hover over the "What do you want to do?" button and click "Bookmark this member"

2. Heinz Bar

Heinz Bar Active Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    Just joined. Most fun I've had in a while. Well except for that whole wife thing. :D

Scott Atchison A879462

3. Txkrn

Txkrn New Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Is there still an IDPA club in Lubbock? Who is in charge and when are the matches. Thanks.

4. thauser

thauser New Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Parker, TX
    This thread doesn't get much activity but here's my IDPA contribution:

My company writes great software and a few years ago I joined IDPA. Now that I've become addicted to IDPA I wanted to improve the sport by contributing my programming skills (personally I have over 32 years programming for defense industry, healthcare, medical research, match.com, real estate, recruiting and more). I had overheard many conversations about how current IDPA software all has it's shortcomings. Most of the software appears to be from people that program part time or while they may be good programmers, don't have the experience rolling out hundreds of software applications for small companies all the way to Fortune 500 companies like we do. Knowing that the software would be tough to sell I just decided to give it away as an advertisement of the great software we write.

This past Christmas vacation (much to the annoyance of my wife) I enjoyed writing UberScoreMaster.com. The intent is NOT to replace paper entry but to greatly enhance the match signup, score entry and publishing of results. Since I started publicizing the new software last month we have 27 clubs using it. 2 are from Italy and 1 US military team.

We've had many product improvement suggestions from new users and have implemented them ALL. I'm hoping we can all put our ideas into this and grow it to something that fits most everyone's IDPA software needs.

Please view the following videos (below) that briefly goes over all the features.

There is nothing to install and it's 100% free - no catches. I'm just a huge IDPA fan like you and wanted to contribute.

If you have any suggestions for improving it I am eager to put them in.

Thank you for your time.

Tim Hauser

Part 1/2

UberScoreMaster Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing Part 1/2 - YouTube

Part 2/2

UberScoreMaster Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing Features Part 2/2 - YouTube

5. Kobiash1

Kobiash1 Member

Oct 20, 2013
    little elm
    I shoot with Tim and his uberscore is the greatest thing since sliced bread
    The colonel
    #A50711

6. SigSteve

SigSteve New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Rosenberg, TX area
    At the risk of resurrecting an old thread, let's see who else is on TGT that shoots IDPA. I've been at it for just over 6 months and can't even think about shooting behind a bench anymore. I shoot Marksman class in SSP but have been pretty close to Sharpshooter in practice classifiers. I have also taken the IDPA Safety Officer course and just waiting for a few more matches to get fully SO certified.
    #A423025

Anyone else out there, I know there are many great IDPA clubs across the great state of Texas, sound off!

7. Phan

Phan New Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Nhon Phan #A199204

I just moved to Houston a month ago. I have been to one match at the ImpactZone gun range shooting with the West Houston club. It was a fun match.

Anyone here a member Impact?

8. zincwarrior

zincwarrior TGT Addict

Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

How is that. I heard WHIDPA got into a conflict with the owner for a while there. Did that get cleared up?

The board's favorite commie libtard shoots in Central Texas and occasionally Houston.

Remember to look up on the IDPA site different clubs, but also just google. There are a bunch in the greater Houston area.

9. SigSteve

SigSteve New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Rosenberg, TX area
    I've shot several times with WHIDPA at Impact Zone, no issues currently but I think there may have been in the past. Great club and a good range. There is a startup club in Rosenberg that shoots at Area 59. They aren't affiliated but they follow IDPA rules. Area 59 is a nice range ran by some great guys that care about shooting sports.

10. Phan

Phan New Member

Sep 21, 2015
    The match was fun but kind of short. The match was only 3 stages. If they had a conflict, I guess they cleared it up because Phil Oxley (owner) recommended that club to me.