• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thought I'd start a stickie. We'll probably end up doing the same for USPSA and I'm sure a few other groups as people develop interest.

Are you an IDPA member? If so, feel free to post up in this thread with your IDPA member number. With the IDPA's website redesign, now it's easier to do things like connect with friends and fellow shooters. I know there are a number of TGT members that are IDPA members, so lets start interacting and having FUN! This may end up being a great way to connect with other IDPA members and TGT members to organize group events in the future, or non-sanctioned practice matches to practice for an upcoming classifier or state match, etc.

I'll start off:

Travis Brown #A51438

To connect with a member, on the IDPA profile page for that member, just hover over the "What do you want to do?" button and click "Bookmark this member"
    Venture Surplus ad

Txkrn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    Is there still an IDPA club in Lubbock? Who is in charge and when are the matches. Thanks.

thauser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Parker, TX
    This thread doesn't get much activity but here's my IDPA contribution:

My company writes great software and a few years ago I joined IDPA. Now that I've become addicted to IDPA I wanted to improve the sport by contributing my programming skills (personally I have over 32 years programming for defense industry, healthcare, medical research, match.com, real estate, recruiting and more). I had overheard many conversations about how current IDPA software all has it's shortcomings. Most of the software appears to be from people that program part time or while they may be good programmers, don't have the experience rolling out hundreds of software applications for small companies all the way to Fortune 500 companies like we do. Knowing that the software would be tough to sell I just decided to give it away as an advertisement of the great software we write.

This past Christmas vacation (much to the annoyance of my wife) I enjoyed writing UberScoreMaster.com. The intent is NOT to replace paper entry but to greatly enhance the match signup, score entry and publishing of results. Since I started publicizing the new software last month we have 27 clubs using it. 2 are from Italy and 1 US military team.

We've had many product improvement suggestions from new users and have implemented them ALL. I'm hoping we can all put our ideas into this and grow it to something that fits most everyone's IDPA software needs.

Please view the following videos (below) that briefly goes over all the features.

There is nothing to install and it's 100% free - no catches. I'm just a huge IDPA fan like you and wanted to contribute.

If you have any suggestions for improving it I am eager to put them in.

Thank you for your time.

Tim Hauser

Part 1/2

UberScoreMaster Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing Part 1/2 - YouTube

Part 2/2

UberScoreMaster Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing Features Part 2/2 - YouTube

SigSteve

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Rosenberg, TX area
    At the risk of resurrecting an old thread, let's see who else is on TGT that shoots IDPA. I've been at it for just over 6 months and can't even think about shooting behind a bench anymore. I shoot Marksman class in SSP but have been pretty close to Sharpshooter in practice classifiers. I have also taken the IDPA Safety Officer course and just waiting for a few more matches to get fully SO certified.
    #A423025

Anyone else out there, I know there are many great IDPA clubs across the great state of Texas, sound off!

Phan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2015
    Nhon Phan #A199204

I just moved to Houston a month ago. I have been to one match at the ImpactZone gun range shooting with the West Houston club. It was a fun match.

Anyone here a member Impact?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Nhon Phan #A199204

I just moved to Houston a month ago. I have been to one match at the ImpactZone gun range shooting with the West Houston club. It was a fun match.

Anyone here a member Impact?

How is that. I heard WHIDPA got into a conflict with the owner for a while there. Did that get cleared up?

The board's favorite commie libtard shoots in Central Texas and occasionally Houston.

Remember to look up on the IDPA site different clubs, but also just google. There are a bunch in the greater Houston area.

SigSteve

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Rosenberg, TX area
    I've shot several times with WHIDPA at Impact Zone, no issues currently but I think there may have been in the past. Great club and a good range. There is a startup club in Rosenberg that shoots at Area 59. They aren't affiliated but they follow IDPA rules. Area 59 is a nice range ran by some great guys that care about shooting sports.

Phan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2015
    The match was fun but kind of short. The match was only 3 stages. If they had a conflict, I guess they cleared it up because Phil Oxley (owner) recommended that club to me.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I want to start IDPA soon.

Bought my holster and mag pouch today and got all fan-girl when ten time Women's Champion shooter (cowboy action) and other titles, Randi Rogers was the one who helped my with my phone order from Comp-Tac. I recognized her voice IMMEDIATELY from her "gun girl radio" podcasts. It's really weird to listen to someone's recorded voice that much and then all at once be talking to her in real time!

Randi helped me pick a holster that will for my Glock 26 for now and also accommodate my Glock 34 if I switch to that.

Last edited:

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    I'm a member of Shiloh Tactical Shooters (IDPA) / Bayou City Practical Shooters (USPSA) who have matches on Thursday nights at Shiloh Shooting Range in N/NW Houston.
    First and last Thursday of each month is USPSA, and the rest are IDPA.

Tony ESP Sharpshooter A50050

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I want to start IDPA soon.

Bought my holster and mag pouch today and got all fan-girl when ten time Women's Champion shooter (cowboy action) and other titles, Randi Rogers was the one who helped my with my phone order from Comp-Tac. I recognized her voice IMMEDIATELY from her "gun girl radio" podcasts. It's really weird to listen to someone's recorded voice that much and then all at once be talking to her in real time!

Randi helped me pick a holster that will for my Glock 26 for now and also accommodate my Glock 34 if I switch to that.

Where are you located, we could suggest nearby clubs.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    ^^^thank you!

I think I know where to go. I'm actually in Angleton.
    Options are easily Pearland Shooting Club, Greenwood Gun Range, and Area 59.

My kids have shot steel challenge before. I have never shot a match.

13 year old is ready to shoot matches (steel, not IDPA) again after a year absent. We (him, and me too) may shoot a steel match next week at Area 59.

That will help my mindset.

Well, I think I don't have to draw from a holster for centerfire in steel challenge, do I?

Question: is my 511 double ply duty belt suitable for IDPA?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I thought you had to draw from a holster for steel challenge. I could be wrong.

You can tell if the 5.11 works. Draw from it. If you draw easily without any pulling or folding you should be good. If not a stiffer belt is helpful. Beltmen, Galco, COmpTac/Crossbreed all have them, plus there are the true competition belts. There are whole threads about them, and I canot stress a good belt highly enough, especially if you CC.

As an aside we occasionally see youngins running IDPA. You know how you can tell? They are the ones beating the pants off everyone else there.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I thought you had to draw from a holster for steel challenge. I could be wrong.

You can tell if the 5.11 works. Draw from it. If you draw easily without any pulling or folding you should be good. If not a stiffer belt is helpful. Beltmen, Galco, COmpTac/Crossbreed all have them, plus there are the true competition belts. There are whole threads about them, and I canot stress a good belt highly enough, especially if you CC.

As an aside we occasionally see youngins running IDPA. You know how you can tell? They are the ones beating the pants off everyone else there.

Thanks!
    I did end up ordering a belt from Comp-Tac, they had an Easter sale.
    I did get to try out the match conditions at Area 59. They let me try: shooting from low ready at a Steel Match, even though a holster is really required. But not a full match as I didn't have all my ammo and mags; I had come there for my kid to shoot, but they let me try. I learned some stuff. Skipped some runs and stages.

I really don't think I can hit those far away targets with my baby Glock anytime soon. Some stages were more appealing than others. Really makes me consider switching to the Glock 34 we have, already.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I got my gear! It came in the mail last week. The holster fits both of my 9mm glocks. :D
    (I am much poorer now after all this shopping!)
    53A815E6-627F-480E-A79F-A195DCF9B694_zpsukj1zbu6.jpeg

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I'm headed out to meet an IDPA team tonight, to check out a match and ask questions.

Not shooting IDPA yet. I did shoot an USPSA style match yesterday at area 59. There was a steel Challenge stage involved in that that I could not hit at all at 18 yards.

I was shooting the Glock 34.

Husband shot the match with me (we shared the 34) and he did fairly well (except for the same Steel Challenge stage part).

These IDPA matches are close (same brand of range in two towns closeby) 20 minutes from the house.

Area 59 not so much. 1 hour drive there.

Excited to find IDPA matches so close to me.

Top Bottom