• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Man, Something is screwy fellas. Post #32,33,34 and 36 just showed up this time I checked the thread?? I thought Cyfer just wasn't responding to comments I made in a couple of posts.
    Venture Surplus ad

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Cyfer, for last night you are so right. There was nothing on TV, I had nothing to work on, read or fix that I could do last night. I was surfing the web and reading the posts n stuff. I normally have something planned to work on during the night on the nights before I go back to work, but this time I’m waiting on some parts for one project and the others are pending money to be spent on them. I guess I could have cleaned my guns again. :cool:

I am out on the Eastside and don't know much about the westside, other then that traffic sucks worse on that side. lol Recently I had to go reg a boat at the TP&W, and choose to drive to Beaoumont rather then the TP&W office and 59 South to Sugerland. It was 2 miles further, and 33 minents shorter drive time. lol.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    lol I'm confused now... What the hell are ya'll talking about???

Dark Rook? What am I right about again?? lol

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    You elected to drive all the way out to Blowmont,rather than hit the one off 59 south?? You've got too much money on your hands too bro! Cheeseless Rice,that had to be one expensive road trip with gas prices the way they are.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    You elected to drive all the way out to Blowmont,rather than hit the one off 59 south?? You've got too much money on your hands too bro! Cheeseless Rice,that had to be one expensive road trip with gas prices the way they are.

I think you miss understood what I said. I am in the middle between Houston and Beaumont. I live out East of Houston. From my house to Beaumont was about 64 miles, and to the Houston South West office it was about 62 miles. So I drove two miles more, but the drive time differecne was about 37 mins less.

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Ahhh! Gotcha. That makes a little more sense,a lot more. You were doing this to register a boat with Parks & Wildlife?

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Ahhh! Gotcha. That makes a little more sense,a lot more. You were doing this to register a boat with Parks & Wildlife?

Yes, It is an old heavy gauge aluminum flat bottom boat, 14x5 foot in size at steirn, with high sides. I had to take it to be inspecked because it had no serial number and needed one assigned to it. A TP&W Officer has to look it over to make sure it dose not already have one on when it is not already on the paperwork. Someone told me that it could be one of the Sears & Robuck boats that they sold back in the 60's. All I know it that it is so stable that I at about 240lbs can stand on the edge of the bow with no motor on it and rock my weight from side to side and I don't fall in. This allows me to use it in the surf or near the beach if I want. I had one that was only 3 feet and 14 foot long, and I did not like how it handled with a small surf.

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    O.K. That sounds a lot better.I had a 14ft Watchitaw just like it.Very stable little boat......until! I met a twelve foot female defending a nest way up a canal. I had the coolest pull start, tiller 1950 Evenrude Fisherman on it. She got her head up on the gunnel and started the whole thing a rocking,and while Mike and I were trying not to wind up in the drink with her,I didn't stop the full gas tank from going 'ker-plunk'.Although fuel is lighter than water,when it's in a cell and full.....it'll sink like a stone. As soon as she stopped trying to get in the boat (or get us out) I was hoping there was enough gas left in the line and the carb,but it was not to be. So in a panic(needless to say) I put both feet on the transom,held the tiller twixt my knees,put the engine in gear,and yanked on that starter cord so damn furiously...I almost started to plane!!! I kept that Watchitaw for the very same reason you stated,when we were just gonna be in brackish water or not to deep out in the bay,it was cool.Jees.....................................I kinda miss that little booger,and that Evenrude.:o

Top Bottom