• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Help me figure out how to keep a few extra rounds on this Ruger Ranch bolt gun.
    I've used this elastic stock thing for years but it's wearing out and moving around alot.
    Is there anything better than this out there?
    And yes..that AR is the mysterious Trump gun that I won in 2016.
    20220112_202326.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    There is, but unfortunately it won't work on your rifle as it requires an MLOK slot. Check out the Ranger point ammo quiver. Maybe they or someone else makes one similar that can fit your rifle.
    download.jpeg-1.jpg

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I can also put it in my glove box and some up in a tree in a zip lock..but thats not on my gun when I need it

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I got a really nice leather one on Etsy that I use on my old Remington 721. It ties on with leather cord, and has a padded cheek rest covered with suede. They have several different designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Help me figure out how to keep a few extra rounds on this Ruger Ranch bolt gun.
    I've used this elastic stock thing for years but it's wearing out and moving around alot.
    Is there anything better than this out there?
    And yes..that AR is the mysterious Trump gun that I won in 2016.
    View attachment 298707
    You have extra mags. If pockets are too redneck then get a mag holder.

I don’t like a lot of accessories on my guns. Only what’s needed. I’ll put a mag or ammo in a pocket before I buy one of those ammo holders. Always hated the cheap ones. If it was a nice one that doesn’t shift and looks good, cool.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Lots of competitors use little two round plastic clips that mount on the side of the action.

Here is an affordable elastic version. Just the first option that my quick search brought up.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Just replace the elastic one with a new one, This time, melt a hole into it for the sling swivel stud to hold it in place. Also, double stick carpet tape works well on synthetic stocks, bur I wouldn't do that with wood.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    When I was setting up my Jungle Carbine as a truck gun, I found a buttstock pouch that fit on the stock with velcro. It held an extra mag and two stripper clips of ammo. I then put the elastic loop cartridge holder over it to hold extra rounds. It gives me 35 rounds on the gun (including the mag in the rifle). I also discovered that using Command Velcro Strips helps hold things in place well without damaging the stock.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I run stock packs on several of my precision rifles and have for years, although I prefer to keep my ammo inside of the zippered pouch. They have the added benefit (at least for me) of allowing me to add some rise to the cheek weld (using cheap pipe insulation cut in 1/2) without permanently modifying my rifle. This triad pack is nice, but you can find many sub $20 models on ebay/Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I run stock packs on several of my precision rifles and have for years, although I prefer to keep my ammo inside of the zippered pouch. They have the added benefit (at least for me) of allowing me to add some rise to the cheek weld (using cheap pipe insulation cut in 1/2) without permanently modifying my rifle. This triad pack is nice, but you can find many sub $20 models on ebay/Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    See that doesn’t look terrible. Not like a cheap one that looks so terrible.

Though...people that put any of them on military surplus rifles should turn in their man card, give the rifle to me, go buy another 6.5cm, and put led lights on the underside of the truck that’s 4x4 and is super clean.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    See that doesn’t look terrible. Not like a cheap one that looks so terrible.

Though...people that put any of them on military surplus rifles should turn in their man card, give the rifle to me, go buy another 6.5cm, and put led lights on the underside of the truck that’s 4x4 and is super clean.

If the surplus rifle is as issued, I agree. But when Bubba has already had his way with it before it reaches you, there's no shame in making it practical again.

Top Bottom