Join TexasGunTalk

Ideally, how should American citizens be trained to deal with threats?

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by dove_poppers, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!! TGT Supporter

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    You forgot to mention the free courtesy bar of soap on a rope!

jordanmills and Dad_Roman like this.
  2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

WAYnorthTX likes this.
  3. candcallen

candcallen Active Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No no no.
    Powdered soap. It takes longer to pick up.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Frank59 likes this.
  4. Stick_Shift

Stick_Shift New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    Ideally, people should be trained in situational awareness. Even sheep can spot a threat and start making noises that alert a sheepdog. Otherwise, sheep would cease to exist.

Evil will always be a part of the world around us. Being aware of it and remaining vigilant would go a long way to keeping people safe. I posit that more CHL licensees are necessary. I believe that carrying a firearm makes you a better citizen. CHL licensees are more aware of their surroundings and do a better job of obeying the law than the average citizen as a function of having a firearm on their person.

roadrunner and rmantoo like this.
  5. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    My basic training and AIT worked pretty good.

rmantoo likes this.
  6. Stick_Shift

Stick_Shift New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    I am probably the most anti-compulsory military service person around, but there is no denying that having a lot of people around who are trained to operate firearms with discipline and competence would prevent a lot of nonsense. I like the idea of kids giving a year or two of their time to their fellow citizens by donning a uniform would be of great value to the country. I just wish it was their idea and not forced.

7. candcallen

candcallen Active Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Its usually the sound of the sheep being killed. Not an alarm call. Bad example. We can all respond to seeing a member of the herd killed. That's the age old you just gotta be faster than the slowest person and your safe from predators.

Situational awareness is screaming when the predator is on the hill picking out the nights dinner before he starts his stalk.