Already had patchy thin ice all day
    My truck has over 1/8th inch solid ice sheet on it
    Radar looks like its going to keep this up all night

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    I was on that very Interstate late last night. It started (for me) when I got to the flying j in ft stockton (correct me if im wrong) but i recall there being another 2 gas stations nearby on the other side of the I10 hwy, one of which is an apache fuel station. well anyways the light misting/rain actually started about a half hour before I pulled into the flying j there. picked up a few layers of ice, didnt think much of it. chipped it off. fueled up and went on driving. more misting continued, coupled with misting from 18 wheelers and other cars speedin by me on the hwy. Pulled into a rest area just past the turnoff for HWY 190 going into Iraan. Woke up and found my cars front end now completely encased in a 2-4" layer of ice. Good thing I left phoenix the night before. fortunately the highways were just wet when I made it safely into SA and up north back home into ktown. :) I had to do some serious holding LOL. No way in hell im plantin my ass on those toilets to take a dump at those old designed rest areas where they have the toilets out in the open like that :P

Last edited:

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Took me 10hrs to get to odessa from Ft Worth yesterday off the road twice yesterday. Probably should have stayed home instead of maken it out lol

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    I was checkin the weather channel yesterday. Geez I10 from Tucson to just east of Deming NM got iced pretty good. Kinda makes me think I was glad I left phoenix that early when I did. :)

Top Bottom