• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    If someone is serious about leaving, they will find a way to leave.

If someone is serious about their personal safety, they avoid situations that can easily be predicted to become unsafe....
    Game planning should always involve handicapping the odds ahead of time.
    Simply wanting to be involved/ participate/ support without considering the risks is a game played by the young and invincible.
    My point is that if you want to take a stand, considering the consequences should be part of the plan.
    Lynx Defense

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    In this situation, a riot seems more likely to happen than to not happen.

I don't disagree with the legitimately peaceful protesters not deserving to get caught up in something like that, but I don't feel that a lot of the points that you are trying to make are that great. I have never seen a riot so densely packed together that it would be impossible for people to leave, and the police do not immediately open fire with rubber bullets the first time a rock is thrown. People have time and the opportunity to leave, or at least to get away from the more violent rioters

If someone is serious about leaving, they will find a way to leave.

If you find yourself in a position where you are in the middle of a riot and are at risk of getting cracked in the head with a rubber bullet, then you have made a series of bad decisions.
    I don't know. My office is pretty close to where this is going down. If I'd gone in as early as many people do, I'd have been in before they sent out a memo to stay out of the office, and I'd have been stuck in the middle of that nonsense. And there wouldn't be much I could do about it at that point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anytime you get a mass of people together, especially if they’re angry, there is a chance things will go sideways.

Although unlikely, it’s possible to get caught up in some shit you were trying to avoid. Balancing your voice against your safety can be tough. How many here have gone or wanted to go to various protests? Any one of which could have turned ugly very quickly.

That said, I think very few are truly trying to get out of the mess when they get smacked or injured. Or they had already gone past peaceful protest and wanted to play the stupid game with hopes of getting out just before the stupid prize was awarded.

IF anyone is injured while trying to do nothing more than peaceable assemble it’s terrible and makes off of the current violence that much worse. No one should be physically harmed for speaking their mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Ok, I always thought and still do 'protest' mob people are asking/seeking rioting.

Oh, they'd deny it, but yeah, kinda like people who avidly watch car races not so secretly hope for crashes and mayhem.

They want/like hope for chaos.

Normal folk don't go to big mob protests.

They work and mind their own.........

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Anytime you get a mass of people together, especially if they’re angry, there is a chance things will go sideways.

Although unlikely, it’s possible to get caught up in some shit you were trying to avoid. Balancing your voice against your safety can be tough. How many here have gone or wanted to go to various protests? Any one of which could have turned ugly very quickly.

That said, I think very few are truly trying to get out of the mess when they get smacked or injured. Or they had already gone past peaceful protest and wanted to play the stupid game with hopes of getting out just before the stupid prize was awarded.

IF anyone is injured while trying to do nothing more than peaceable assemble it’s terrible and makes off of the current violence that much worse. No one should be physically harmed for speaking their mind.

Well stated sir.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Right up there with my mother in law's reasoning on carrying firearms: "Why wear a gun to the store? Just go to a store where there's not going to be crime..."

I certainly know what you mean, but she’s not far off in her reasoning. Stores that haven’t been robbed certainly aren’t immune to robbery; but they may not have been robbed for a reason. They may be in areas inconvenient for thieves or too high risk for thieves or their products aren’t appealing to thieves - could be any one of many reasons.
    In my line if work, one interesting fact (not opinion) is that a driver’s involvement in a vehicular accident (regardless of fault) is a high probability indicator of their future involvement in a vehicular accident.
    Again, not making any judgment about going to a protest, and I agree with what many have wrote here - that no one should be harmed for attending a protest, nor should any of us condone harm befalling protesters. However thinking ahead and considering what could go wrong at a protest is an intelligent and self-preserving exercise: once just a few risk factors multiply, what once may have been a simple gathering has quickly transitioned into a high risk event. Add a few more, and a conclusion devoid of violence would be a miracle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok, I always thought and still do 'protest' mob people are asking/seeking rioting.

Oh, they'd deny it, but yeah, kinda like people who avidly watch car races not so secretly hope for crashes and mayhem.

They want/like hope for chaos.

Normal folk don't go to big mob protests.

They work and mind their own.........

You mean all those TEA party people were looking for a riot?

And those who protested the lockdowns and having their businesses forcibly closed?

I think your opinion is kind of silly given the numerous examples of people peacefully assembling to voice their grievances with the state.

Edit to add: Normal folks have no idea what is going on in our government. They haven’t got a clue who is doing what and get most of their info from cable news so it’s most likely incorrect. They probably couldn’t tell you much about Kavanah, or what Biden had to do with Ukraine, few will know what Uranium One is, or even how the electoral college works.

Doesn’t look like being a “normal people” is really a state of enlightenment.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I certainly know what you mean, but she’s not far off in her reasoning. Stores that haven’t been robbed certainly aren’t immune to robbery; but they may not have been robbed for a reason. They may be in areas inconvenient for thieves or too high risk for thieves or their products aren’t appealing to thieves - could be any one of many reasons.
    In my line if work, one interesting fact (not opinion) is that a driver’s involvement in a vehicular accident (regardless of fault) is a high probability indicator of their future involvement in a vehicular accident.
    Again, not making any judgment about going to a protest, and I agree with what many have wrote here - that no one should be harmed for attending a protest, nor should any of us condone harm befalling protesters. However thinking ahead and considering what could go wrong at a protest is an intelligent and self-preserving exercise: once just a few risk factors multiply, what once may have been a simple gathering has quickly transitioned into a high risk event. Add a few more, and a conclusion devoid of violence would be a miracle.

That whooshing sound was my point going right over your head. People trying to go home on public roads are being caught up in riots because the riots found THEM. The whole "don't go where there might be violence" line is flawed reasoning, because you have no control over where violent people might be willing to attack you. It's not an accident if rioters bust out your car windows and attack you - sometimes it just boils down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And yes, my mother in law is FAR off on her reasoning, because her idea of "where there's no crime" is neighborhoods she's familiar with, with no idea what the crime rate or history is. Never mind that criminals are smart enough to target so-called 'safe' neighborhoods, and can easily travel there. The entire line of reasoning is a fallacy. We're not talking about thieves targeting businesses, we're talking about muggers targeting individuals - and they're going to go where the soft targets are.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Of course if we want to avoid violent confrontations with people maybe we should never go home or got to work either. Those are colpletely safe places to be and nothing ever bad happens at home, or in the workplace!

Sometimes violence finds people who are not looking of it. It happens.

Top Bottom