• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I was driving up hwy 146 between Texas City and Kemah and saw this shop that had a sign we have ammo, thinking I might supplement my stash of .380 ammo I stopped in to see what he had. He said how it was so difficult to get .380 ammo that the price is high, and he is selling it for $88.00 for a 50 round box. I just laughed an walked out. Too bad you can't report this type of price gouging to someone.

What was his purchase price and his profit?

Without that, how do you know it was gouging?

This attitude is why I no longer do shit to help people in disasters. **** them. Someone needs a $350 generator or whatever in Houston and they are sold out, Home Depot here in NTX has them for $450 ($100 markup cause they had to truck them in from North Dakota) it costs $50 for me to drive it Houston, then they call me a gouger for asking $500 for a $350 generator. Yeah go to North Dakota yourself and get if for $350....

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Why are we criticizing people who buy low and sell higher? Every business in the U.S. lives on doing that. If we are involved with a product, we are not in business for very long if we sell at a loss. Same for service oriented business, if we charge less than what is needed to maintain a profit we are out of business.
    Those complaining about ammo, primers, bullets, toilet paper all had their opportunity to buy when the price was right. When Warren Buffet does this we call him brilliant. When a TGT person does this small time we call him names.

First of all, GlennB is not in business. If he was, he’d be buying from a wholesaler and not standing in line at Academy with all of his neckbeard buddies. He doesn’t buy and sell ammo on a regular basis; he only does it when there’s a shortage so he can mark it up higher than retail and resell it.

Secondly, it’s him and those of his ilk contribute to and perpetuate these shortages. If they weren’t out buying up as much ammo as they can, there would be more available to Joe or Mary gun buyer who just bought their first gun and want some ammo to go with it.

Again, I’ve got all the ammo I need so it doesn’t directly impact me. I just think it’s slimy. Obviously, some others disagree.

I guess if I see GlennB on the side of the road with a flat tire and no jack, I can offer to loan him my jack for $50 and you guys will think that’s perfectly fine. I don’t.

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    What was his purchase price and his profit?

Without that, how do you know it was gouging?

This attitude is why I no longer do shit to help people in disasters. **** them. Someone needs a $350 generator or whatever in Houston and they are sold out, Home Depot here in NTX has them for $450 ($100 markup cause they had to truck them in from North Dakota) it costs $50 for me to drive it Houston, then they call me a gouger for asking $500 for a $350 generator. Yeah go to North Dakota yourself and get if for $350....
    You said it. To top it off, nothing is cheap in North Dakota except cold and snow.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Why? It isn't easy waiting in line to get something. It is work. I went to vote yesterday. The lines were unbelievable. I will try on another day. Every ammo purchase you or I have ever made has involved a middleman of some sort and they take their cut. Does the middle man have to shoot the ammo that passes through his hands? Look at it this way, the person is actually working by standing in line, let's say he buys the ammo and can't sell it. He has probably paid a somewhat inflated price. If he is stuck with it he can either shoot it eventually or take a loss.
    I still have ammo that I "overpaid" for in 2013 crisis. We all have the same capability to buy when the price is right, unfortunately it is always a trick to know when that time is there.
    To be honest, I won't wait in line to buy. But I did know when to buy most of my stuff and don't feel sorry for those short stocked. I have offered .380 ACP at $50 a box of 50 as I bough a ton of it and don't need it anymore. No takers. I don't care if it sells or not. I am not in the business of selling ammo but would get rid of overstock. I certainly won't sell at a loss.
    You said it, Rotor! I still have steel cased .308, 7.62x54R, and 9mm, from the '13 craziness. Got to love Russian made ammo.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I will be forgoing it because the math says when I am eligible it will not exist. 2032 It's over. Must be nice to be able to collect on something that the rest of us pay for. Social Security is the pure definition of a ponzi scheme.

I'm retired and drawing Social security. And for your information, I worked for over 55 years and FICA was taken out of every check I received. So the monthly SS I receive DID NOT come out of your check, it came out of mine.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    giphy-1.gif

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Not meant as an attack on SS recipeints.............

Had a conversation with my Dad many years ago on this subject.......he retired and started drawing SS at 62 and passed away at 94......

When he started paying SS in 1937 (He was born in 1916) he was making about $.25 an hour........yes he paid in for many years.........but even with interest it was no where near the amount he drew out. He was actually getting money that I was paying in at that time.........there is no damn way he ever paid enough in SS taxes during his lifetime to give him 32 years of retirement pay in the amount he was receiving.............

The same is true for me and my Son today............

Yes.... it is a Ponzi scheme.......no, I am not turning it down, either............

edit.......

We are officially out of .380 as of today with none on order, anywhere.....and I'll be damned if I pay some flipper an outrageous amount or stand in line just to do the same thing as the flipper......................

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This has been bugging me for a couple of days. I tried to bite my tongue, but it just bugs me.

You are part of the problem. I have no respect for neckbeards like you who run out and try to suck up any available ammo to resell at a profit.

It‘s a free country, so you can do what you want. But it shows a lack of character in my opinion.

And, by the way, I’m not looking for ammo. I stocked up over the last 3 years. So this post is not sour grapes.
    It used to bug me thinking about people doing this, but:
    A) its a free country
    B) 90% of this economy is people paying others to do what they won't. Glenn is willing to wait in line, risk his money, to make ammo available to lazy bums who are not willing or are unable to do the work Glenn did to get the ammo.

Maybe we need a law limiting the amount of ammo people can buy or store to make sure lazy neckbeards like you can still get some boolits even though you exhibit symptoms of poorly planned preparation.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Some phuktard launched a ignorant attack.

Just sayin.

I'm not talking about the ammo flipping practice as that's a legit gripe.

An ignorant attack? I actually have math, accounting, and facts backing up my postulation. I apologize you can't do simple accounting or math. It's not uncommon unfortunately. I don't blame you for it. I'm not the ignorant person here. I actually taught this before I went into the tech industry. Please continue to keep your belief system intact.

Also please call me a phucktard to my face the next time we have a meet. I'm a small man, not intimidating or overbearing at all. 5'4 and maybe 150 with clothes and wallet. I've had enough of you.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    An ignorant attack? I actually have math, accounting, and facts backing up my postulation. I apologize you can't do simple accounting or math. It's not uncommon unfortunately. I don't blame you for it. I'm not the ignorant person here. I actually taught this before I went into the tech industry. Please continue to keep your belief system intact.

Also please call me a phucktard to my face the next time we have a meet. I'm a small man, not intimidating or overbearing at all. 5'4 and maybe 150 with clothes and wallet. I've had enough of you.
    Just to be fair, I think I said ignorant phuktard. Or maybe ignorant phuck. You will have to go back and read. I know it's a big chore for you cause you didnt read what I posted nor the link you posted cause they say the same dam thing. Social security will not dissapear by the date you listed, they will have to decrease payments to about 80 percent if nothing changes.

The issue is you spewed a personal attack, an ignorant one at that, living on disability or ssa is some how living on welfare or your fica taxes, is what you said. The insinuation was clear

Bitch about ammo flipping and the folks who do it all you want. You went too far IMHO thus the phuktard part. Put them together and ignorant phuktard is an accurate assessment.

You wanna fight cause you're going to act like a bitch when you get push back and cant take what you dish out? Well I guess that goes along with your actions so I shouldn't be surprised.

Let me know if your reading comprehension skills rise to the point to actually understand what you posted and we could discuss it. Otherwise I guess I'll be on the look out for a pissed off leprechaun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom