• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I was driving up hwy 146 between Texas City and Kemah and saw this shop that had a sign we have ammo, thinking I might supplement my stash of .380 ammo I stopped in to see what he had. He said how it was so difficult to get .380 ammo that the price is high, and he is selling it for $88.00 for a 50 round box. I just laughed an walked out. Too bad you can't report this type of price gouging to someone.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I was driving up hwy 146 between Texas City and Kemah and saw this shop that had a sign we have ammo, thinking I might supplement my stash of .380 ammo I stopped in to see what he had. He said how it was so difficult to get .380 ammo that the price is high, and he is selling it for $88.00 for a 50 round box. I just laughed an walked out. Too bad you can't report this type of price gouging to someone.
    Free market.

Folks just need to do as you did.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Too bad you can't report this
    iu

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    At Walmart yesterday and dang if they didn’t have a few boxes of Winchester .380.
    I don’t own a .380, but if I did, I would have bought it .

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    To bad you
    A) Didn't buy a case of .380 when it was cheap.
    B) Reload (does anyone reload .380?
    C) Learn to buy ammo online.
    D) Own a nonmilitary caliber for surplus market ammo.
    E) Were you wearing a mask?

I've got a die set for .380, but haven't used it yet. I'm planning on getting some .380 bullets and brass soon.

Psssniper

Broke down south of Dallas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Corsicana
    Agree, Free market. Don't like it then don't buy it. I learned early on that there's a cyclic nature to this guns and ammo game and I buy a lot of ammo when its cheap and on sale. I have 5 cases of 8mm and don't even have a gun to shoot it!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I reload .380 but have a bunch of Aguila fmj and hp. I offered it at $50 a box with no takers. This stuff is made out of unobtaineum at the present time. Just like in the stock market, buy cheap and sell high. Not price gouging. Anyone need any?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Agree, Free market. Don't like it then don't buy it. I learned early on that there's a cyclic nature to this guns and ammo game and I buy a lot of ammo when its cheap and on sale. I have 5 cases of 8mm and don't even have a gun to shoot it!
    What you have is a commodity that will sell to many different shooters!

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    Fo
    The price of the ammo is why he can hang the sign that says he has ammo.

But we do live in crazy times. I remember when it was cheaper to shoot 9mm than it was 22lr if you went shopping at a gun show.

for several years, I did not load 9mm because I could buy factory ammo cheaper than I could the components to reload.
    fortunately I did save my brass and have loaded about 3000 rds of 9mil over the past 3 months

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    At Walmart yesterday and dang if they didn’t have a few boxes of Winchester .380.
    Walmart had pistol ammo on sale recently? I thought they stopped selling pistol ammo last year. If they are selling pistol ammo, I may have to check them tomorrow when I make my run to Academy sports.

Academy, by the way, has had 380 now and then. They sell that Russian made steel cased 380 in boxes of 150 rounds, last selling price I saw was right round $44.00 - no limit. Atwood's has had 380 now and again too, got some there a few weeks ago for right around $25 per box, Aguila brand - 2 or 3 box limit.

I was the ninth person on the line waiting for Academy to open today. No ammo delivery this morning. Oh well, will try again tomorrow. Gun show this weekend and if I get lucky, Academy will have those spam cans of 223 before the weekend. I was told that I had the best price on it at the last gun show I attended by my first buyer when he bought a spam can of it and I still made a nice profit. He told me he had checked everyone selling ammo and had seen a few for sale, all higher priced than mine (I must have been doing something wrong :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Where'd you find a WalMart that still sells pistol ammo? Their woke reaction to the shooting at the El Paso WalMart was to sell off all remaining pistol caliber and .223 ammo and not restock it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Walmart had pistol ammo on sale recently? I thought they stopped selling pistol ammo last year. If they are selling pistol ammo, I may have to check them tomorrow when I make my run to Academy sports.

Academy, by the way, has had 380 now and then. They sell that Russian made steel cased 380 in boxes of 150 rounds, last selling price I saw was right round $44.00 - no limit. Atwood's has had 380 now and again too, got some there a few weeks ago for right around $25 per box, Aguila brand - 2 or 3 box limit.

I was the ninth person on the line waiting for Academy to open today. No ammo delivery this morning. Oh well, will try again tomorrow. Gun show this weekend and if I get lucky, Academy will have those spam cans of 223 before the weekend. I was told that I had the best price on it at the last gun show I attended by my first buyer when he bought a spam can of it and I still made a nice profit. He told me he had checked everyone selling ammo and had seen a few for sale, all higher priced than mine (I must have been doing something wrong :rolleyes:).
    You know that is a little scummy, right?

Top Bottom