Lynx Defense

I used to think "entrapment" was a lame defense. Used to. (FBI/Whitmer)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As a big tinfoil hat guy, it makes me wonder if the FBI was actually trying to kidnap the governor?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I don't believe so. The FBI is infiltrated with leftists. As seen with what they were doing at the capital on Jan. 6th, it's all to discredit right wingers. If they can pin to MAGA, all the better.

I use to not be a tin foil hat wearer, but over the last few years, my thoughts may have changed a bit.

Lost Spurs idea isn't as far-fetched as one would think. Endgame IMO would be to discredit or lay blame on right-wing extremists.

A few years ago, I'd have laughed at his post, and told him to put his crack pipe down.

I'm not going to say I believe what he is saying is what was planned, but if it did, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Military Camp

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I use to not be a tin foil hat wearer, but over the last few years, my thoughts may have changed a bit.

Lost Spurs idea isn't as far-fetched as one would think. Endgame IMO would be to discredit or lay blame on right-wing extremists.

A few years ago, I'd have laughed at his post, and told him to put his crack pipe down.

I'm not going to say I believe what he is saying is what was planned, but if it did, I wouldn't be surprised.
    It's not just the extremists, it's everyone that supported Trump.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Care to elaborate on which people are worshiping the police?
    Or care to go into more detail of again how they have stood on the rights of Americans?

Making broad strokes, painting an entire group with the same brush is either ignorance, or arrogance on your part. Also often times is either misleading or grossly incorrect.

First of all, just for your clarification, there happens to be a number of members here on TGT that are in LE, or were in the past in LE. Word of warning, the next time you mugged, call your local corner drug dealer for help!

ETA: Americans is spelled with a capital "A"!

Trusting the police with one's safety is foolish if you ask me when your average beatcop themselves will enforce unconstitutional laws or will make situations worse.

Thinking the police can do no wrong is also foolish considering the police are people and people like anyone else have various motives for being a cop and a lot of departments tend to hire a bunch of yahoos who like to power trip or vets who aren't exactly right in the head because they don't question orders and only serve the government as armed thugs, are all cops bad? no, am I gonna trust a cop? no.

now if you wanna trust the policia that's your business, but ignoring issues that various police organizations have is ignorant at best tbh.

And I don't worry about getting mugged because I keep a gun on me like any other sensible person should.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Trusting the police with one's safety is foolish if you ask me when your average beatcop themselves will enforce unconstitutional laws or will make situations worse.

Thinking the police can do no wrong is also foolish considering the police are people and people like anyone else have various motives for being a cop and a lot of departments tend to hire a bunch of yahoos who like to power trip or vets who aren't exactly right in the head because they don't question orders and only serve the government as armed thugs, are all cops bad? no, am I gonna trust a cop? no.

now if you wanna trust the policia that's your business, but ignoring issues that various police organizations have is ignorant at best tbh.

And I don't worry about getting mugged because I keep a gun on me like any other sensible person should.
    Chill out there dude. Ya gonna pop a vein or have a heart attack if ya don't chill out. Go get yourself a glass of cold water and a Xanex before you blow a gasket.

Just remember that TGT isn't 4chan!

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Chill out there dude. Ya gonna pop a vein or have a heart attack if ya don't chill out. Go get yourself a glass of cold water and a Xanex before you blow a gasket.

Just remember that TGT isn't 4chan!

Por Que?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

What happened in 1985 is only 4% more relevant than what happened in 1861.

You're making some pretty big generalizations without any RELEVANT examples or data. Try "X-% of police said they would enforce Y-law which courts have held violates the constitution". Law and even sports rules are a generally a pronounced grey area. Some have less, like 2a, but is preventing a felon from owning a firearm an unconstitutional law? I personally lean towards yes, but courts say its fine.

Basically, povide some statistically significant data for your alligations or piss off.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    What happened in 1985 is only 4% more relevant than what happened in 1861.

You're making some pretty big generalizations without any RELEVANT examples or data. Try "X-% of police said they would enforce Y-law which courts have held violates the constitution". Law and even sports rules are a generally a pronounced grey area. Some have less, like 2a, but is preventing a felon from owning a firearm an unconstitutional law? I personally lean towards yes, but courts say its fine.

Basically, povide some statistically significant data for your alligations or piss off.

there are some high profile examples of the police not doing their job, you could literally be being stabbed to death in front of a line of cops and they can just not do anything if they don't feel like it. "protect and serve" my ass if you ask me.and this isnt even including things like the shootings of unarmed people which I will provide some examples for.

some folks really be on that "don't tread on me" but when the cops are involved they are like please tread on me, its frankly very silly at best and abhorrent at worst.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    While certainly we can all agree there are bad cops and good cops, thankfully the bad ones are constrained to their small jurisdiction within the country. Certainly it's hard to know which ones would side with totalitarian edicts. Like many people, they can often err on the side of "I just want to keep my job."

The FBI on the other hand, are not restrained to small jurisdictions within the country. And on occasion seem to propagate totalitarian means. They seem to be moving further to the left to the point they are becoming a political arm of the left, as seen during the 2016 and then again the 2020 elections.

While I can certainly voice my views in another thread about local police, the FBI could be the greater threat for now, and shouldn't be deflected from.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

there are some high profile examples of the police not doing their job, you could literally be being stabbed to death in front of a line of cops and they can just not do anything if they don't feel like it. "protect and serve" my ass if you ask me.and this isnt even including things like the shootings of unarmed people which I will provide some examples for.

some folks really be on that "don't tread on me" but when the cops are involved they are like please tread on me, its frankly very silly at best and abhorrent at worst.

If you are depending on Wiki for accurate info you are delusional

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Yeah, whats your point?there is no federal mandate for police to protect someone. I hope that's not news. You were talking about police enforcing unconstitutional laws I see courts ruling YOU are responsible you YOUR safety. I like that.

Now for the last two. A rhetorical question...
    -You were able to provide two (2) examples of what may have been mistakes of judgement out of how many police interactions each year? Not statistically significant.

-

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I find it rather humorous that the noob wants to paint with the broad brush of generalizations, that all cops are bad! YOU cant trust them! THEY will step on your rights!

What I have learned over the years are a few things. There are bad actors in every career field. Cops, lawyers, doctors, mechanics, car salesmen, plumbers, electricians, and the list goes on and on. I have seen it range from just simple incompetence to out right dishonesty and criminal behavior on their part.

Another thing I learned over the years, the bad actors are the ones that get the bad press and get lots of media exposure, and even more so in recent times because media works at much higher speed than in the past. Things done in years past, only made the local news, now become national or in some cases even international news feeds. So the very few incidents that make the news, spotlight bad behavior, and in many people's minds and perceptions, they tend to think everyone in a certain profession are evil, corrupts, dishonest, and failures at being good people. Sad.

Another thing I learned, that regardless of the career or profession, there are people involved and they were people before they became part of that profession. People are human beings, and burdened by all that baggage that humans carry with them through their daily lives. Humans are not perfect and they make mistakes. People are driven by traits that make us human. And some people can be really bad, and some can be really good.

Cops are human beings. They are a person before they ever put the uniform or badge on. There are good cops, and there are bad cops. Cops are people who can and do make mistakes at times and are not perfect. The number of bad cops, are IMO eclipsed by the sheer number of good cops that just want to do their job the best they can, and to go home safe from their job like anyone else.

I'll trash and talk disapprovingly of any bad cop, but I won't lump them into a group and say all cops are bad people. Simply because I know that is entirely false, and just not realistic.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom