DK Firearms

I swore I'd never buy another diesel ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Dawico,

WHERE (other than the FREQUENTLY WRONG "Wikipedia") did you get your info?? = According to DIESEL POWER magazine, NAVISTAR is NOT part of FOMOCO & Navistar only made a FEW models of early Powerstroke diesels for Ford "on contract", though evidently Navistar DID design the first version of the Powerstroke.

IF you spent LESS time making SILLY accusations against other members & LEARNED at least SOME actual facts before posting NONSENSE, you would NOT be LAUGHED AT "behind your back".
    (Fyi, I laugh AT your foolishness "to your face".)

yours, satx

Maybe have someone read these to you. There are pictures you can look at though. Should probably keep your crayons away from the screen though.

BTW I never said Navistar was part of FoMoCo. They worked together until 2010.

But just keep laughing. We all aready know the punchline.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have a 650 pound Bengal Tiger I got from that bitch Carole Baskins after Tiger King was over.

MacZC7,

INTERESTING.

Fwiw, a man on Animal Planet , several months ago, stated that there are MORE Tigers "kept as pets" in the USA than are currently living in the wild in all of India.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You forgot to randomly capitalize words to make your point....

Sandoval & All,

IF people on this & every other place on the WORLDWIDEWEIRD spent a great deal more time (or even 100% of their time) commenting on "content" alone and said nothing whatever about "form"/typos/misspelled words/awkward syntax/typing style & other similar nonsense, they would not appear to be nitwits/fools, would not be ridiculed as "brainless" & likely would be "taken seriously" by persons "of reasonably normal IQ".

Fwiw, I "plead guilty as charged" to being "rather eccentric" & post my thoughts/opinions to suit me & nobody else.
    (In the event that my thoughts, opinions, eccentricities, etc. offend you, feel free to just "scroll on by".)

just my personal opinions, satx

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’m on my second diesel, both Chevys, both Duramax. Zero complaints but I do agree they cost more to maintain.

My dealer charges around $100 for an oil/filter/tire rotation. I could do
    it cheaper myself but not really a lot based on the fact I’m getting synthetic oil. Then I had to deal with the used oil.

I hate using DEF but won’t remove the plumbing as I disagree with those guys running around spewing thick black smoke every time they hit the accelerator. I’ll deal with the DEF crap.

I change my own fuel and transmission filters as well as air filters for engine and cabin. Amazon makes it easy to get them and much cheaper than the dealer.

And I use Lucas or Power Service fuel additive fairly regularly.

I don’t use it a lot for pulling but I did help a friend hauling dirt a few months back. Had a large gooseneck dump trailer. No troubles pulling it fully loaded.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I’m on my second diesel, both Chevys, both Duramax. Zero complaints but I do agree they cost more to maintain.

it cheaper myself but not really a lot based on the fact I’m getting synthetic oil. Then I had to deal with the used oil.

I hate using DEF but won’t remove the plumbing as I disagree with those guys running around spewing thick black smoke every time they hit the accelerator. I’ll deal with the DEF crap.

I change my own fuel and transmission filters as well as air filters for engine and cabin. Amazon makes it easy to get them and much cheaper than the dealer.

I don’t use it a lot for pulling but I did help a friend hauling dirt a few months back. Had a large gooseneck dump trailer. No troubles pulling it fully loaded.

Buzzin SATX,

I do NOT let anyone else but Steve Castro & I do oil/filter changes on my cars & trucks after "a fast oil change place" in suburban Austin left the oil drain bolt LOOSE & I lost nearly ALL of my engine oil & before I noticed it.
    (THANKFULLY "the "idiot light" came ON & I immediately stopped to see what was wrong. - I then "got to go on a HOT/long hike" to the HEB & bought oil & then took a taxi back to the vehicle. - About an hour later, I went back to the "fast service place" to report what had happened.- I was informed by the manager that the problem was, "yours alone."& "It wasn't our fault."

Also, I had put the oil/filter change on my MC, so I called the credit card company, explained the situation & "refused the charge".
    (NO, i never heard another word( from the "service place".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

Yeah DEF fluid...saving the environment one cardboard box and plastic jug at a time. Spare me the BS. DEF in a diesel system is the equivalent of ethanol being mixed with gasoline and sold to consumers. Supposedly great for the environment but when you look into what all goes into the production of it you realize EPA is bending us all over. I’ll stick with an efficient diesel system with no DEF jusf like I’ll take pure gasoline and save the extra cost of replacing all my fuel lines and carbs that the ethanol damages.
    Thick black smoke is a tuning issue where the engine is not efficiently burning the fuel completely. With my reduced fuel tuning putting out over 600 horsepower there is barely any smoke at all at WOT and it rips.
    Just sayin...

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Yeah DEF fluid...saving the environment one cardboard box and plastic jug at a time. Spare me the BS. DEF in a diesel system is the equivalent of ethanol being mixed with gasoline and sold to consumers. Supposedly great for the environment but when you look into what all goes into the production of it you realize EPA is bending us all over. I’ll stick with an efficient diesel system with no DEF jusf like I’ll take pure gasoline and save the extra cost of replacing all my fuel lines and carbs that the ethanol damages.
    Thick black smoke is a tuning issue where the engine is not efficiently burning the fuel completely. With my reduced fuel tuning putting out over 600 horsepower there is barely any smoke at all at WOT and it rips.
    Just sayin...
    Don't get me wrong, Mac, I'd love to be done with DEF. I thought the thick black smoke was inevitable. If it's not, I am very interested in taking all that crap off my truck at some point...not sure when as it's still under warranty, and while I've heard it won't void anything, I need to do more research.

You have any good links where I can start looking into this and maybe a good outfit to do the work?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Thanks for sharing, but I don't take you seriously based on your posting.

Sandoval,

All that I'll say in response is to quote the late US Senator Charles Percy: "Even those who are born sightless can see more than those who cannot see beyond their prejudices & ignorant preconceptions."

yours, satx

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Don't get me wrong, Mac, I'd love to be done with DEF. I thought the thick black smoke was inevitable. If it's not, I am very interested in taking all that crap off my truck at some point...not sure when as it's still under warranty, and while I've heard it won't void anything, I need to do more research.

You have any good links where I can start looking into this and maybe a good outfit to do the work?
    That’s above my pay grade. I would search some diesel forums. A few clowns but lots of knowledgeable guys on them.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress

The party is over for that. You are going to have to do it yourself, have it done in Canada, or know somebody. The EPA has come down on any, and everyone that produces items that overrides the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Much of what diesels are now are because of the EPA and emissions regulations that they have to meet. For may years, the manufacturers of most of the major brands of diesel engines were years behind in meeting emissions standards and regulations. They simply paid the penalties and kept moving along. Thank Obama for a lot of that crap on diesel engines. He set higher standards and greater penalties for not meeting EPA and emissions standards.

Many of these newer diesel engines have very complex operating systems to help them meet emissions standards. Many of the older "mechanical" diesels, probably would have been to expensive to modify to today's current emissions standards, so it was probably much cheaper to just start from scratch and design newer style diesel engines.

Top Bottom