• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Um I spent my donation at Taco Bell today.
    Funny-Taco-Bell-Meme-13.jpg
    Target Sports

Attachments

• Funny-Taco-Bell-Meme-13.jpg
      Funny-Taco-Bell-Meme-13.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 512

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Honestly I could care less about FB. I understand that they are against me and there isn’t a lot I can do about that.

The NRA paints itself as the savior of the second. With their constant begging for money using fear mongering it gets old. Especially considering all the corruption and money issues that have come to light recently.

When WLP and others repent of their sins and resign, I’ll upgrade my Life Membership to an Endowment, or whatever they keep harassing me to give them more money for.

Im glad you are using your voice to raise awareness for the Second, I just think their are others who are actually fighting that could be better served with your time. Stick around the forum a while and you’ll hear from and about several of those groups.
    You mean like GOA and SAF; I donate to them as well. I also belong to the NYSRPA (life member) and to the Long Island Gun Club (annual member and donations). I'd join the one here in TX but am not certain if I am staying here or moving to TN next year. Time will tell and that will decide me.

As for the NRA, I have seen a lot of accusations made but no hard cold evidence of the great majority of the accusations if any at all. I'll wait for the final outcome and if they are proven corrupt, in court, then I will withdraw my support. I note, the only allegations of corruption and I use that term broadly) by the NRA and Wayne LaPierre, of which I am aware, came out only after the NRA made allegations about Oliver North with his hand in the cookie jar. Then he sort of counterattacked. He sure became silent about it all though once they came right back and countered his claims while outlining his dealings.

So, I am not going to condemn either of them and I'll wait - until it is played out in the courts - for the verdict. I prefer not to act like a spoiled rotten libturd by casting nasty and emotion driven aspersions while no regard is paid to due process and little to no evidence of the alleged infraction(s) is produced.

This last part is not directed at anyone in particular - just to all the naysayers in general: You know if any of you disagree with my fundraiser, or my choice of the organization to receive the funds, why not start your own. Each of you can each start a fundraiser for the RKBA organization(s) of your choice and maybe you will even see a donation from me. What you likely will not see is me haranguing you for starting the fundraiser. I will leave it at that, you guys have fun patting each other on the back or arguing among yourselves as you please.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sorry to be off topic here. I've never had facebook, but from what I've read, I'm surprised they had anything NRA listed as an approved charity.

Of course I've also read their growth and participation numbers have been declining steadily as well. I wonder if that plays into including the NRA, or if the sources I've read from have just been biased about facebook?

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Nope no FAcebook for me. All they do is take you personal info and sell it to the highest bidder. then they get hacked and your life's on the dark web for sale.

As for the NRA when I learn that 90% of my dies go to defending the 2a good till thin i am not supporting Wayne's extravagant lifestyle

Glen it is admirable what you are trying to do. It is just not for me.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Sorry to be off topic here. I've never had facebook, but from what I've read, I'm surprised they had anything NRA listed as an approved charity.

Of course I've also read their growth and participation numbers have been declining steadily as well. I wonder if that plays into including the NRA, or if the sources I've read from have just been biased about facebook?
    I think maybe they cannot exclude charities, my guess is that may be the law, but just a guess.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Someone on another gun forum asked me what I was getting for compensation for starting this fundraiser. As I told him, as far as I know not diddly squat. That was confirmed with some further checking. I also found out that Facebook does not withhold any of the donated funds, they pay all the administrative fees and give 100% of the donations to the selected charity. The quotes below are what I wrote on the other forum, since they are my own written material, there is no copyright infringement and I am reprinting them here (if that somehow is a problem with the admins, feel free to delete).

This is a link that was on the post abut my fundraiser, it tells how the payments are made to the charity although I did not see any breakdown as to whether or not funds are given 100% or some are retained. I did see one thing that said Facebook pays the processing fees but don't know if that is for every fundraiser: https://www.facebook.com/help/1872359709660621#nfg

Here is a link from that same page to more info about the charity:
    https://www.guidestar.org/profile/52-1136665

Here is a link to the charities site: http://nradefensefund.org/

I looked some more and found this which shows my belief was correct - I ain't getting diddly squat:

Facebook covers payment processing fees so that 100% of donations made on Facebook are distributed to the organization.
    The source for that can be found at this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/189443...elpref=related

Just in case anyone was wondering. Not trying to argue with anyone, just setting out some facts.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We all have choices.

No to fb.

No to charities that come to me, rather than the other way around.

There was a time when I was in corporate America and my company insisted I donate to 'their' favorite charity. I won't mention the name but, I'm sure you've heard of it. They have their claws in every corporation in the U.S.

I said NO, not going to donate to a charity I didn't choose and was then discreetly threatened with dismissal for my defiance.

I said go ahead.

Nothing more was ever mentioned about it.

I also don't like being begged for money while being at the check register at stores.

I get begged from with junk mail of kinds too.

They get shredded.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I think maybe they cannot exclude charities, my guess is that may be the law, but just a guess.

Interesting. I doubt it's law that they're not listed, but perhaps if that ask to be included they can't be denied? There's way too many out there to just include every one without missing someone.

But if you can choose to do a fundraiser for the NRA, that doesn't mean you should be punished for not doing one for not doing one for planned parenthood. That's not really different than facebook, a private company, getting to choose what they want to support. But there does seem to be a growing trend that considers social media to belong to the social, and not the media. Then again, the EU courts have recently ruled that facebook can be forced to remove certain content globally. If the 2nd Amendment is unlawful in the EU, then wouldn't your fundraiser be illegal there?

Again, apologies for going so far off topic. At least this should serve as a bump back to the top of the page for you.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You mean like GOA and SAF; I donate to them as well. I also belong to the NYSRPA (life member) and to the Long Island Gun Club (annual member and donations). I'd join the one here in TX but am not certain if I am staying here or moving to TN next year. Time will tell and that will decide me.

As for the NRA, I have seen a lot of accusations made but no hard cold evidence of the great majority of the accusations if any at all. I'll wait for the final outcome and if they are proven corrupt, in court, then I will withdraw my support. I note, the only allegations of corruption and I use that term broadly) by the NRA and Wayne LaPierre, of which I am aware, came out only after the NRA made allegations about Oliver North with his hand in the cookie jar. Then he sort of counterattacked. He sure became silent about it all though once they came right back and countered his claims while outlining his dealings.

So, I am not going to condemn either of them and I'll wait - until it is played out in the courts - for the verdict. I prefer not to act like a spoiled rotten libturd by casting nasty and emotion driven aspersions while no regard is paid to due process and little to no evidence of the alleged infraction(s) is produced.

This last part is not directed at anyone in particular - just to all the naysayers in general: You know if any of you disagree with my fundraiser, or my choice of the organization to receive the funds, why not start your own. Each of you can each start a fundraiser for the RKBA organization(s) of your choice and maybe you will even see a donation from me. What you likely will not see is me haranguing you for starting the fundraiser. I will leave it at that, you guys have fun patting each other on the back or arguing among yourselves as you please.
    As long as Little Wayne and his butt suckers remain I will not support them. I have been involved in the NRA since the 50's.

YES it is corrupt, I have seen it with my own eyes many many times. I no longer hold truck with them. I was leaving my entire estate to them upon my death and they have been written out of it. I was asked if I would be will to serve on the Board of Directors, I said NO! My wife used to go hunting with Susan, Little Wayne wifey and several other wives. My wife and I have both cut our ties and our donations...

I still support the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA), they do good work.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Everyone gripes about NRA's money raising - yet I get ongoing donation requests from ALL of 'em - including GOA, et al. It's a damned shame that grown men can't scroll by without having to take their shot at something. You don't like 'em? Fine - just keep walking. Donate where you wish - and allow others to, as well.

Top Bottom