• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I started a Fundraiser on Facebook yesterday for the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund. You can see it at the following link and donate if you so choose: https://www.facebook.com/donate/761370430966887/10216620496078951/. The goal is one million dollars and there is a long way to go. Please feel free to pass along that link to other gun owners you know. While the goal is exceptionally lofty, if this gets passed around enough and each gun owner who sees it donates a buck or three, the goal may be surpassed. It's going to be open for donations through December 31, 2019.
    Military Camp

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    f2HToGm.png

Attachments

• f2HToGm.png
      f2HToGm.png
      89.8 KB · Views: 434

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Wouldn’t contributing to The Second Amendment Foundation, or Gun Owners of America be better causes for legal defense money to be contributed?
    We could probably always find something "better". Glenn, I applaud your effort to protect a God-given right. Keep us posted on how it goes and let us know if FB takes your post down.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    We could probably always find something "better". Glenn, I applaud your effort to protect a God-given right. Keep us posted on how it goes and let us know if FB takes your post down.
    I don't think they'd take it down. They provided the opportunity to run a fundraiser and the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund was one of the charities listed by Facebook.

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I don’t have FB. So tell me, why would I want to contribute $0.01 to the NRA and Wayne’s wardrobe?

Wouldn’t contributing to The Second Amendment Foundation, or Gun Owners of America be better causes for legal defense money to be contributed?
    Well then why don't you either join Facebook or find another site through which you can raise money for the SAF or GOA instead of being a blowhard and lambasting me or the NRA. It's a shame I had to even suggest that to you but since you came here only to bitch about my selection of a charity and to give me advice as to how I could do it better, I was and remain pretty sure you did not take your own advice and start your own fundraiser already.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Not for nothing, but including the part about reaching your "birthday goal" could really sound suspect...
    It's called a birthday fundraiser by Facebook and the person whose birthday it is gets to choose the charity and set the goal. Facebook put in that blurb about helping me reach my birthday goal - not me. Why make this sound like anything it is not? I would have thought the whole Facebook explanation provided would have made it clear who benefits from the charity or did you stop reading at the point you quoted?

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It's called a birthday fundraiser by Facebook and the person whose birthday it is gets to choose the charity and set the goal. Facebook put in that blurb about helping me reach my birthday goal - not me. Why make this sound like anything it is not?

FB has this set up as Glenn describes. Nothing nefarious about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry.
    I don't do FB.
    If I see it like that, who's to say others don't as well.
    I never stated I thought you did it for yourself, just pointing it out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You sure about that? I mean we are talking about Facebook and the NRA here. :)

Lol

I’ll rephrase...”Glenn does not stand to profit.”

I have no idea if or how much of a cut goes to FB or how much data they mine from a donor. But they probably already have everything if you’re on FB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    No!

fb, yuck!

There is a whole area on this forum of reasons not to like the nra.

As far as FB, I prefer not to allow someone to make money on me that contributes to nearly everything that goes against my way of thinking.

Well no one here is forcing anyone to use Facebook or to contribute to the NRA. I cancelled my FB account at least three or four times, twice because of their political stance and data mining and the other one or two times for personal reasons due to separation/divorce issues. Each time I did so, I wound up coming back to the same thought - I have lost the opportunity to present the side of those who uphold the RKBA to the anti-gun liberals who flock to Facebook (actually it is amazing how many libertarians & conservatives there are on FB). So, I joined again. If you were to peruse my timeline there, you would see numerous libertarian leaning related entries by me. You would also see a good deal of likes for those entries, including those about firearms. I have a blog where I blog a lot about guns and belong to a few firearms forums but the great majority of my relatively few readers there are already in the choir so to speak whereas Facebook is like preaching to a lot of folks in a whole different audience.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Well no one here is forcing anyone to use Facebook or to contribute to the NRA. I cancelled my FB account at least three or four times, twice because of their political stance and data mining and the other one or two times for personal reasons due to separation/divorce issues. Each time I did so, I wound up coming back to the same thought - I have lost the opportunity to present the side of those who uphold the RKBA to the anti-gun liberals who flock to Facebook (actually it is amazing how many libertarians & conservatives there are on FB). So, I joined again. If you were to peruse my timeline there, you would see numerous libertarian leaning related entries by me. You would also see a good deal of likes for those entries, including those about firearms. I have a blog where I blog a lot about guns and belong to a few firearms forums but the great majority of my relatively few readers there are already in the choir so to speak whereas Facebook is like preaching to a lot of folks in a whole different audience.
    I think it's good your using Facebook as a forum to express positive info about firearms and gun owners in general. Almost every anti gunner who took the time to talk with me had one very clear common denominator. They were uneducated (about guns ) and scared of firearms.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Honestly I could care less about FB. I understand that they are against me and there isn’t a lot I can do about that.

The NRA paints itself as the savior of the second. With their constant begging for money using fear mongering it gets old. Especially considering all the corruption and money issues that have come to light recently.

When WLP and others repent of their sins and resign, I’ll upgrade my Life Membership to an Endowment, or whatever they keep harassing me to give them more money for.

Im glad you are using your voice to raise awareness for the Second, I just think their are others who are actually fighting that could be better served with your time. Stick around the forum a while and you’ll hear from and about several of those groups.

Top Bottom