• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IMO, I think some of the most basic of safe gun handling were ignored, or overlooked. First of all, SOMEONE, put a live round in the gun. It didn't get there all by itself.

Second, it should have been double-checked and even triple checked. Possibly some were merely taking the word of someone else that the gun was "cold"?

Third is somewhat concerning to me. The head armorer of the set was only 24 years old and this was the first job as head armorer?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    IMO, I think some of the most basic of safe gun handling were ignored, or overlooked. First of all, SOMEONE, put a live round in the gun. It didn't get there all by itself.

Second, it should have been double-checked and even triple checked. Possibly some were merely taking the word of someone else that the gun was "cold"?

Third is somewhat concerning to me. The head armorer of the set was only 24 years old and this was the first job as head armorer?
    As I understand it that girl wasnt there. The crew was fired the day before.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    1635123460942.png

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Well, seems incombent on the person receiving a Prop gun that can be fired that they have instruction on how to check and know what each type of round looks like. Alex Baldwin has worked with Prop firearms in some of his movies. The Getaway for example. As director safety should have been his number 1 priority.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso

the type of ammo in a cold revolver is supposed to be dummy rounds. hot guns get blanks. most would not be able to tell live from the dummies.

also, this was her 2nd outing as head armorer.

Last edited:

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    From Kurt Schlicter's column on Town Hall, which is quite good:

Alec Baldwin is a bad person, but more than that, he is a bad person who hates us with a mortality rate thanks to his hypocrisy. And now he is vulnerable, and the rules say he is fair game – his rules. Is it significant that this amoral, leftist, Trumpophobic gun grabber has personally executed more mass shootings than any Christian conservative Trump-loving NRA member? Not in any kind of intellectual sense – it’s just a thing that happened – but it makes a helluva meme.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    For BM it must be.

I'm still interested it how this shooting happened. So fsr I have heard nothing reasonable sounding that would criminal, but the <$6m budget may look like chump change once the civil suits are over.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    3302f77ab4e9b3b842c020f1a2e6a9cb.jpg

After reading the statutes for New Mexico - I think there'd be a good case for Involuntary Manslaughter. If Baldwin didn't have any intent to harm - this would be the way to charge as it doesn't require intent. Max penalty is 18 months + a fine, still a C felony so hey, no more voting and no more playing with guns for him. He'll probably not face any criminal charges though, because 1.) Hollyweird elite - even if he is a C lister at this point, and 2.) New Mexico is the poorest state in the union and they get a ton of money from Hollyweird productions - they won't tip that apple cart.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For BM it must be.

I'm still interested it how this shooting happened. So fsr I have heard nothing reasonable sounding that would criminal, but the <$6m budget may look like chump change once the civil suits are over.

3302f77ab4e9b3b842c020f1a2e6a9cb.jpg

After reading the statutes for New Mexico - I think there'd be a good case for Involuntary Manslaughter. If Baldwin didn't have any intent to harm - this would be the way to charge as it doesn't require intent. Max penalty is 18 months + a fine, still a C felony so hey, no more voting and no more playing with guns for him. He'll probably not face any criminal charges though, because 1.) Hollyweird elite - even if he is a C lister at this point, and 2.) New Mexico is the poorest state in the union and they get a ton of money from Hollyweird productions - they won't tip that apple cart.
    I agree. Murder requires intent to cause a death. Manslaughter is being responsible for a death that occurred, but no intent to cause the death.

IMO, it hinges upon who placed the live round and under what conditions that live round in the pistol. Was it just overlooked when the gun had been used on the gun range?

Another point is, how many people handled the pistol?

I think at this point, since it's an ongoing investigation, some information is going to be very limited. So much is probably just speculation at this point.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Assuming it requires reckless (i.e. should have known) he likely is covered because he isn't an expert and had a purported expert to assist/check for him which would potentially put the Master of Arms in the liability hot seat.

If Alec had wanted to build a rocket but lacked expertise and hired a rocket surgeon do do the tricky bits, but that rocket surgeon screwed the calculation pooch and built a solid rocket motor that grenades when Alec presses the launch button killing someone the liability should fall to the "expert", criminally. I would expect the MOA and the production company to have substantial joint civil liability, but we shall see.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom