• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Home Depot has some metal shelving with metal shelves that I plan to get. Weight limit of 600 or 800 per shelf. I thought about putting a small piece of wood (6"x6" or 8"x8") under each leg to spread the weight better.

Dang. Your painter got paint all over your new windows. You should call them and get them to get it off those brand new windows.
    You might try Costco. My buddy has two of their shelves like that - 8k plus 45 ACP and 5k 40 on one shelf with no sag. He did tell me though "make dang certain you have it where you REALLY want it to start. Offloading, moving it, and reloading it is a pain in the gluteus maximus."

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I built my ammo can fort with reclaimed plywood from some old shelving and 2x4's. I would hate to build it using todays lumber prices.

69b87e1f7d7ae32439e100547040077a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No it's something my lazy ass should have been doing as I bought the ammo over the years. There is always someone with more & better. Hopefully this is a lesson to youngsters & new shooters! Try to buy when prices are low & buy cases.

At my old house the cans were stacked & not marked. Fat .50 cans are heavy when loaded & moved the stacks looking. Now with the tags & sprawled out storage it should be much easier once I'm finished
    Hope the tiles don’t crack.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I built my ammo can fort with reclaimed plywood from some old shelving and 2x4's. I would hate to build it using todays lumber prices.

69b87e1f7d7ae32439e100547040077a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is some nice shelfing! Everything I have used doesn't hold up to the weight. Even the ammo safe metal shelves sag under the weight. I see something like this in my future project list.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Home Depot has some metal shelving with metal shelves that I plan to get. Weight limit of 600 or 800 per shelf. I thought about putting a small piece of wood (6"x6" or 8"x8") under each leg to spread the weight better.

Put a sheet of masonite under the rack. 6 inches bigger than the shelf will do it on carpet.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I’ve got a plentiful stack of cans but when they’re gone they’re gone. I wont be re filling them. Never bothered with inventory the reality would be a hard blow!

Top Bottom