• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Hey guys,

So about a year and a half ago i picked up a New England Pardner Pump, against my better judgement. For $250 bucks, I figured how bad could it be. The answer, quite bad. The gun shoots great, except for one major flaw. It has major difficulty feeding a shell from the magazine into the chamber. I can work the pump action and the magazine will not release the shell. I found that if i fiddle with the feeding hatch at the bottom (sorry I don't know the correct term for it), a shell will release from the magazine. However, I still cannot get it to release consistantly just by using the pump. I am getting fed up with it and I wish I would have gotten an 870 Tactical or a Mossberg. Any tips on how to fix my gun?

thanks

PFC Hardin
    Gun Zone Deals

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Sounds like it's a problem with either the magazine stop latch having too long of a lip or the back of the stop is not making solid contact upon racking the slide. Or (not insulting you here by any means), it is possible that you may be short racking it, have you been racking it fully rear until it does not go any farther?
    Hopefully it's that simple it's done, as well, if it's the stop latch and you aren't very sure what your doing, it is very easy to get more than one feeding at a time and that just opens a whole new can of worms.

If when it is fully racked in the rearword position when you look through the ejection port**NOT THE BARREL** you should see a small lip protruding on the inner left side of the receiver that stops where the magazine tube meets the receiver. That is the stop latch, just check it for anything that may look wrong, like a rough machined burr sticking out.

It would be best if someone on this forum who is in San Antonio and knows a thing or two about shotgun mechanisms could take a look at it. It's a royal pain taking anything to a gunsmith to later find out it could have been done in the garage for nothing.

There's a member here that has been working with a NEF pump, I think it was M.Sage, I'm not sure if he's in San Antonio but you may give him a pm if he doesn't chime in here.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I tend to think that it is something to do with the lip. I have been shooting pump shotguns for years and I do not believe it is a problem with my racking of the slide. I just am really baffled.

Top Bottom