• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I need a chain saw for farm work. I dont buy cheap tools or equipment as yall know. I narrowed it down to stihl or husqvarna. Looking at the least a 16" bar. Which brand is the better brand? Ive heard great reviews on both and some negative as well.
    Lynx Defense

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Mostly brush trucks?

I don't think we have any chainsaws on any of our pumpers.

We are a rural fire dept with 5 rigs (two brush, 1 pumper, 1 tanker, and 1 first responder/brush) and all our trucks can run on brush fires and since we are volunteer we never really know who is around when we have a call so we thought it was better to put them on all rigs.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    For how small of a department we are, we cover the largest area of the county so we are able to get a good amount of grant money from parks and wildlife and such.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    How many people do you have?

We have about... 20. There around. Operate off of like a $69,000/yr budget including training at A&M in the summer. It gets rough sometimes.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    i am also ff in he mid-cities area. We carry stihl on our rigs, trucks and rescue rigs. On trucks for cutting roofs and entry. they are tough. I use two at the farm a rollamatic and a farm boss.

Flashcb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Magnolia, TX
    Stihl all the way. I have lousy luck with 2 cycle motors, but my Stihl weed wacker is still going strong, and the only problem with my chainsaw is I am not real good with it and keep dulling the chain. Sidenote the chainsaw will go through a 4 inch drain line buried 18 inches down like a hot knife through butter, but after all that dirt impingment no logs. Disclaimer Never have used a Husqvarna, but have heard good things from those that do.

Top Bottom