I have a question about legality of stripped lower receiver laws.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hectorch0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2024
    Fort worth
    Im 19 years old reside in Tarrant county, i own a 18 inch ar15 but have grown an interest in building an ar pistol to have as a truck gun but i am trying to figure out the availability for a 19 year old to buy a stripped lower receiver on its own as of now. Would i be able to go to the same gun dealer i bought my rifle from and buy just the stripped lower receiver?

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    ATF-Meme.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

Handguns​

As of 2021, people who qualify under the law can carry a handgun in a public place in Texas without a license to carry (LTC). Texans can still apply for an LTC since it may carry additional benefits. See our License to Carry page for more info.

Requirements​

Sections 46.02 and 46.04 of the Texas Penal Code describe unlawful carry and possession of a firearm. Generally, to carry a handgun in public in Texas without an LTC, a person must not:

Age Restrictions​

Texas law sets the age requirement to carry a gun at 21 years of age. A 2022 federal court case, Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. et. al., v. Steven McCraw, et. al., challenged the constitutionality of this restriction. The court ruled that 18-to-20-year-olds may not be prosecuted under this restriction based solely on their age.

As a result of this case, DPS stated that they would no longer deny applications for LTCs solely on the basis that the applicants are 18-to-20 years old.

Top Bottom