• ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Got my email. I have a job!!

I find out on friday where! For those of you who don't know, I'm a fourth year medical student. I'm going to be a resident, probably in Internal Medicine. I've paid my last tuition bill, now I'm gonna get a paycheck!
    Lynx Defense

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Man, we have lawyers and now doctors. We will need to start a Harley Davidson section soon.

Congrats! Are you at the mercy of the school deciding where you do your residency or do you get the choose?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Man, we have lawyers and now doctors. We will need to start a Harley Davidson section soon.

Congrats! Are you at the mercy of the school deciding where you do your residency or do you get the choose?

Not really.

There is an application and an interview proccess. I submit a rank order. Residency programs submit a rank list as well. On Monday, they released an email to the applicants telling them whether they matched or not (so they can scramble for the unmatched positions), and on Friday they will tell me where I'm going. At my medical school, they have a banquet where they hand out envelopes that we get to open on stage (the school can release them an hour before the email goes out).

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Not really.

There is an application and an interview proccess. I submit a rank order. Residency programs submit a rank list as well. On Monday, they released an email to the applicants telling them whether they matched or not (so they can scramble for the unmatched positions), and on Friday they will tell me where I'm going. At my medical school, they have a banquet where they hand out envelopes that we get to open on stage (the school can release them an hour before the email goes out).

Kind of sounds old school ... like the Oklahoma land rush.

Can you enlist pinch scramblers? Some braniac that could scan, process and match postitions in nanoseconds?
    Can you create distractions to slow the competitoion?

I can see a whole 'nuther seasonal career here for broke college students.

Oh ... congrats on the milestone!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Congrats!!!

You know.... every now and than I get this pain in the upper middle.......
    LOL... get used to that, I know when I was a EMT I got that alot...lol

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I find out on friday where!
    You don't know where you're going yet? I'd find that nerve racking... Of course I joined the military strait out of high school so it's not like I had any choice on where I would be either. Now I know better than to let others make that choice for me

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Nice going!

Try to stay out of the Catholic hospitals. My Father (MD) was affiliated with a Catholic hospital in Chicago and I was born there. It was in the days when Nuns wore the whole black outfit with a Darth Vader head gear. The doctors were scared to death of those Nuns! I was just a kid and I sure was afraid of them. When they walked, you couldn't tell that they had legs.......they just kind of floated.

Flash

Top Bottom