• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    January is when everything hits for us - insurance on our vehicles (personal AND business), house AND business (General Liability) AND property taxes. First part of the month, my accounts look like we're rich - by about the 15th, I've seen crackheads with more money......lol
    Flip side is, at least it'll be all over and done with - in fact, all the checks have been written, and I'm not overdrafted, so we're good. But it's the time of year when you REALLY understand just what it takes to operate everything. I've toyed with spreading it out more, but in reality it just delays the inevitable and I always worry about overlooking something.
    This year was also my "keep 'em honest" year - when I get quotes from other insurance companies just to compare rates. Germania continues to offer us the best overall deal, especially since the guns are covered as "household goods", so I don't need to have a separate rider for them.
    Hurley's Gold

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, I hate writing the fuckers a check( property taxes) as well as insurance, etc, but it is easier to just do it in January and forget about it for a year than to spread it out and think about it every month

Yeah - same here. Even though I have auto-pay through the bank, I don't trust anyone to remember to pay MY bills, so I just get 'em outta the way as soon as I can. Doesn't mean I like it, though......lol

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Germania continues to offer us the best overall deal, especially since the guns are covered as "household goods", so I don't need to have a separate rider for them.

Yep, been with them for 20 years. Sold my home in the country and moved to a rental in the big city. Priced insurance last year and nobody could beat them and Farmers was 2x the price.

You forgot medical insurance deductibles from the new year expense.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    This last year was the first where I managed to squirrel away money every month to cover every annual expense. Man that made life less stressful when those bills came due. Just paid them and moved on.

My parents owned their own small business. I feel your pain to be sure.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Not a fan of January either, some for the reasons you state......always spend more and work less in December due to holiday spending and business slowing. And the bills come due in January. Plus football season is over.....or at least the meat of it, hunting season is over.

Although I will say I tend to take January and February (my least favorite month for some reason) and catch up on things I've been putting off like home projects, clearing out old junk, selling things I don't use anymore, clothing donations, rearranging finances and business planning going forward into the year. Basically what the old timers call spring cleaning but before the spring.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yup. For me I'm still in the middle of 'expensive season'. It really ramps up around October and ebbs in late February. You have to factor in kids' birthdays, taxes, Christmas, more taxes, HOA fees, yet more taxes, and finally the Valentine's day marriage tax.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are blessed enough that our property taxes are only $425 a year. It blows my mind to here what some folks pay. My wife had a friend that lived in Anna. Nice 2 story house with a pool, just down the street from their new high school. I damn near passed out when she said their taxes were $10,000 a year.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Don't care if it's drawing NO interest - they get it when it's due, not before, unless they offer a discount like every other business.
    All bills should be 2/10 net 30 or similar. (2% discount for paying within 10 days, or pay the full amount in 30 days... the exact numbers can vary by situation).

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We are blessed enough that our property taxes are only $425 a year. It blows my mind to here what some folks pay. My wife had a friend that lived in Anna. Nice 2 story house with a pool, just down the street from their new high school. I damn near passed out when she said their taxes were $10,000 a year.

Double that plus a bit extra, add a zero... FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yep, mine are right there too.

Top Bottom