• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    3 daily cars at geico last year went to 2200 every 6 months. Called progressive with more coverage went to $800 every 6
    House last week doubled At geico broker called around and got it within $100 of last year.
    Classic car insurance has been $3** a few years
    Business insurance went up a few percent at State Farm. Nothing major.

Health insurance is over $2000 per month
    No claims on any of it. Damn crooks if you ask me.
    This was my experience with Geico as well. Homeowners went through the roof last year, so went with Goosehead. This year Geico car insurance went up by 50%, so dumped them for Progressive, who was just a few bucks more than I was paying last year. My BIL got his Geico premium in a couple of weeks ago, and his just about doubled.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Geico. Somebody has to pay for all those commercials, just let it be some one else. If you are in a demographic, or a specific market penetration Progressive is looking for, you will get a low introductory rate, from Progressive. As they fill that demographic the rate will adjust, up. Just be ready to shop it again, at renewal.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Does anyone use USAA for home and car insurance? I'm getting sketchy over Travelers and the policy is up in March. Just got a new car loan from USAA - great rates compared to anywhere else I found.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Does anyone use USAA for home and car insurance? I'm getting sketchy over Travelers and the policy is up in March. Just got a new car loan from USAA - great rates compared to anywhere else I found.
    I do

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I've been using USAA for several years. My wife had been with State Farm since she got here drivers license but about 10 years ago they jumped the rate on auto. We went to USAA on autos and home. I saved enough on home to add earthquake and flood coverage that I didn't have with state farm. Only claim I've had was a roof after a storm, which they handled well.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Yessir. Never hurts to get a quote.

ETA: this disclaimer, buried at the bottom of usaa.com is crucial to understand:
    Property and casualty insurance provided by United Services Automobile Association (USAA), USAA Casualty Insurance Company, USAA General Indemnity Company, Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance Company, based in San Antonio, Texas; USAA Limited (UK) and USAA S.A. (Europe) and is available only to persons eligible for property and casualty group membership. Each company has sole financial responsibility for its own products. Coverages subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.

USAA has the best rates and most restrictive eligibility (officers & SNCOs) CIC (NCOs), GIC (most everyone else) and Garrison (hardest to insure).

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom