• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • facetnated

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Benbrook
    My wife and I don't have any guns (yet).
    I've been holding off on joining any of the 2nd amendment organizations since I've heard some negative things about the NRA not 'playing well' with others. But even those I've heard criticize the NRA typically say 'Join the NRA' simply because they ARE the 800-pound gorilla.

Anyway, I came across a Bass Pro promotion:

:::BASSPRO NRA SPECIAL OFFER:::

So there is absolutely no reason for me not to join.

Richard.
    Guns International

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    The NRA is as good or as bad as you make it.

What some don't realize is they are in Washington and sometimes have to play those political games there. They can't just do and say like we do here in Texas - "Get you're money grubbing hands OFF my guns".

But I can tell you this. EVERY congress critter and senator KNOWS the NRA. Although president Obummer don't mention it much, he knows it too. Back when Slick Willie was chasing Interns, he knew them and often made mention of their power. He has stated that the 1994 and 2000 elections were swayed by the NRA.

Just my not so stubborn opinion.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Good job. Every member helps the cause. Don't forget about the Texas State Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, etc. They all work towards the same goal and the more members we have in all of them, the better we'll be in this fight for our rights. As soon as I have enough disposable income, I'm renewing my NRA membership and joining TSRA and GOA. I know we can't join ALL the different groups, but I feel it's important to join at least the NRA (gives you a voice in the national fight) and the TSRA (gives you a voice in the state specific fight).

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Welcome aboard the NRA. Most of the gun organizations will and do fight the grabbers with our rights in mind. There are several others including the GOA , and one for Jewish Gun Owners but of course NRA and GOA are for all walks of folks and God Bless them for fighting for our 2nd Amendment...And did you know that you can get the Rifleman online ?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Being a member of something is pretty much what ever a person desires. Doesnt matter who you choose, I dont think your effort will ever hurt anything. Im a GOA life'r, but I also wish they would jump in on state level issues more than they do.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I would have joined the GOA first. The NRA has been making unacceptable compromises lately. I am beginning to wonder if in the coming years they will be as good for the 2nd amendment as people think. They also have a bad name among normal people, the moderates on firearms. GOA is effective yet low key which is the best way to go about this in my opinion.

State issues are more important. As long as we don't get another AWB I think there is minimal federal regulation.

Compare Arizona and California and you will see the importance of a well organized and effective state gun rights organization. This is what we are going for with the TXCDL.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    First, thank you for joining the NRA. Second, for the GOA folks out there, what has the GOA actually accomplished beyond making noise and collecting dues? I haven't joined them yet. I might, but, right now, I am a bit short of dollars. I am a Benefactor Life Member of NRA, a Life Member of TSRA, and an annual member of SAF. I can't really afford another one. I can point to accomplishments for every one of those organizations. Do I agree with all of their decisions? No. Do I think that getting our gun rights back will be a long process that requires an incrementalist approach? Yes, most likely. What will an all-or-nothing approach to gun rights get us? Likely nothing. Think about it.

Top Bottom