• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    And, they were all identical to this one.

1701283856968.jpeg

Monday, I began working for a fleet vehicle dealership. They had gotten in 21 Tacomas and they all needed to be moved to a storage lot. Then I took some F-150's over to a place that does window tinting and bed liners. Then, I took a couple of Explorers to a place that installs light bars, radios, cages, etc. for police use.

I've been looking for something to do to keep me occupied and I think I have found the perfect place. It is a huge fleet sales dealership connected to our local Ford dealership, but they also have other makes of vehicles. I get to ride around in new vehicles and get paid for it. Oh, those Interceptor Explorers have some giddy up to them.
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    About a year ago, my wife bought an overpriced Rav4.

Yesterday, for the first time I road in it. I'm not a fan of 4 bang-ers, so I've zero interest in ever driving it.

Damn, it's got a super tight suspension like a race car, no smooth at all, sadly she can't drive for shit, always braking too heavily and at the last minute.

Her driving terrifies me...I think it may be on purpose...or not.

When on a straight away we subtly shift from right to left, from left to right...she has no feel for driving.

Whew!

Glad I got that off my chest...oh, she knows my opinion of her driving, so I'm not talking outta school!

Me, on the other hand, well let's just say, I drive and brake 'smoothly' as buttah with my big old V-8 truck!

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    About 10 years ago I drove for GST by IAH. I liked driving new cars and trucks around a lot all night. We moved a lot of Tundra's.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    In the small town where I grew up there was a car dealership right along Main St. I think it was a Chevy dealership. I worked briefly with a guy who got a job there as a kid. He told me that one day a truck load of new cars came in and he was tasked with driving them into the lot behind the building. He got in the first car, started it, and gave it some gas as he headed towards the back. Unfortunately, someone at the factory had failed to secure the front seat. It flipped backwards, pulling his legs off the pedals. He desperately held onto the wheel and tried to guide it to keep from hitting any other cars as he tried to get his legs down to the pedals. The seat slipped forward, keeping him from getting to the brake, but he managed to slap the shifter into low gear. The car came to rest against a fence or some other barricade. The dealership folks were horrified, but of course the other guys at his level thought it was about the funniest thing they'd ever seen. They didn't fire him, but the manager strongly suggested he find another job.

Top Bottom