Lynx Defense

..I dislike most everything about washington (d.c., that is)..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    but I wish the powers that be had shot-down the moron postal dweeb who flew his gyro-copter onto the w.h.[sic] lawn !

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I find it actually Funny that almost every Svc/Dept under this Administration has had some sort of event showing them degrading in the top notch function and abilities they have provided over the decades. It seems this P-ss Poor work ethic/standard this Administration shows every day has filtered down the food chain. VA, IRS, SS, BP, DHS, FBI etc... How many high level scandals has there been in the last 6 yrs? LOL

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I do find it odd that it's such an "ERHMAHGHERD!" moment when some nitwit flies or lands at or near the Capitol, but they're perfectly fine using drones over much of the US. If overflight is good enough for us, it's good enough for them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The Whitehouse is looking more and more like a prison. Now they're installing spikes to the top of the fence. Hell, if you turn into the wrong drive way, D.C. cops will blow your head off. On the run.

It almost seems like they don't trust citizens.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Well you put someone in there that people don't like you are gonna have to protect him. I mean when he comes to hood it looks like a container ship threw up to protect him from snipers lol

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I find it actually Funny that almost every Svc/Dept under this Administration has had some sort of event showing them degrading in the top notch function and abilities they have provided over the decades. It seems this P-ss Poor work ethic/standard this Administration shows every day has filtered down the food chain.
    It's not this administration. It started long ago.

I started to write a doctoral-thesis-length reply then I thought better of it. I'll just post the tl;dr version.

30+ years ago, everyone complained about government agency incompetence but the complaints weren't as bitter because, frankly, most government agencies managed to mostly do the jobs they were charged with doing. Things have obviously changed.

Building on a movement even older, in the 1990s there was a "re-inventing government" initiative. It was an attempt, across the board, to redesign government org charts and work processes to mirror the (assumed) more efficient private sector. The changes that started there have been almost fully implemented and the results have been disastrous.

Government agencies do not have the same functions and motivations as the private sector. Trying to make government run like a business has turned out to be an incredibly stupid idea. Businesses need to turn a profit so they need to be efficient. Governments do expensive tasks that must be done but that no one wants to pay for and, thus, governments must be effective and efficiency can go to hell. When you go into government agencies and flip the priorities, putting efficiency above effectiveness, you get neither. You simply get government agencies that don't work.

It's not just this administration. It started as doctrine under Reagan: "Starve the beast!"

Implementation kicked into high gear under Clinton: "The more we contract out, the greater our political clout with big employers who will donate money to us!"

Now that the job of ruining most federal agencies is almost complete, the tendency is to blame whoever is in office right now. As much as I dislike Obama, he doesn't take all the blame for this. Like last few the presidents before him, he's inherited a bad situation and made it worse, faster, apparently on purpose.

What makes me crazy is that I don't see the road back. At least, I don't see one that can be successfully navigated, given the political realities of the situation. There are just too many people out there who give too much money to politicians while making their money from incompetent government.

It's depressing.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I believe it started long ago, but do believe it's been the WORST under the current BOZO.
    Agreed. Where we, perhaps, differ is that I believe it will be the worst under every new president simply because the situation is deteriorating more quickly every year, no matter who's in the oval office.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I loved the Arlington National Cemetery located just across the river from Washington, DC. I spent many hours walking through the long rows of grave markers. That's where the strong patriotism within me was born. Hearing "Taps" echoing through those hills from the many military burials that I witnessed turned my blood red/white/& blue!

May God bless our service men and women!

Flash

Top Bottom