• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    As y'all know my truck got to eat some feral pork about a month ago. I figured I have to rebuild it as it's milage is stupidly low for a 20 year old truck. My neighbor Larry is the energizer bunny, the guy has to be doing something always.

I told him a while back to stick his bass boat in the garage for the winter, and he got that done yesterday. My shop building has his step sons shit stored in it while he goes back to school. I let him rent it for $100.00 per month which is very fair.

Earlier I was taking out some trash from the wifes things, & I see Larry over jacking up my truck to get a better look at its carnage. He said all along he would fix it & can fix it, but I put him on hold after Lita killed herself.

So it begins. I gave Larry $950.00 to start allocating parts for it. I'm great full to have the wife Toyota Corolla, but getting my jumbo fat gimp ass in & out is a chore. I really look forward to getting my truck back on the road.
    Gun Zone Deals

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I might have misunderstood but did you say he's fixing your truck and you're charging him to park his bass boat?
    I have a garage & I have a shop building. When Larry first got the boat I told him use the garage. He used it store store building suplies as he remodeled his house. His step son went back to school (late 40's) and moved his home furnishing into my shop building, for a $100.00 per month. When he took over the shop I moved the little bit of shit I had into the garage, basically my riding mower fuel cans weed eater & few tools.

The shop is so big that Larry put a camper van inside with his step sons shit. Larry's footing the bill for the guy as it is. Larry was self employed most his life so his SS check aint that big. So Larry is the kind of guy who likes doing odd jobs & is good at it.

When Larry very first got the boat I told him use the garage. When he asked how much I said we could go fishing. I never expected a dime for him using my garage. As great as y'all are Larry is right up there with top of y'all. Hell just about everyone is totally cool out here. It's like the America I grew up in as a kid were I live.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have a garage & I have a shop building. When Larry first got the boat I told him use the garage. He used it store store building suplies as he remodeled his house. His step son went back to school (late 40's) and moved his home furnishing into my shop building, for a $100.00 per month. When he took over the shop I moved the little bit of shit I had into the garage, basically my riding mower fuel cans weed eater & few tools.

The shop is so big that Larry put a camper van inside with his step sons shit. Larry's footing the bill for the guy as it is. Larry was self employed most his life so his SS check aint that big. So Larry is the kind of guy who likes doing odd jobs & is good at it.

When Larry very first got the boat I told him use the garage. When he asked how much I said we could go fishing. I never expected a dime for him using my garage. As great as y'all are Larry is right up there with top of y'all. Hell just about everyone is totally cool out here. It's like the America I grew up in as a kid were I live.

You're damn lucky to have a neighbor like that.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You're damn lucky to have a neighbor like that.
    I aint going to leave Larry hanging on the deal. I know damn well Larry is the source for the money for the step sons rental. Larry gets free wifi via one tower tie downs on his property from my tower.

His wife Carrie has sent over care packages to me. Back during the 4th of July they fixed me a plate knowing my wife was in the hospital. I brought Larry over to give him a little help in the rib department. Showed him how to use the Kamado & told him use it when ever. When I do my 2 pork butts later on as back board bacon I'll hook them up, with bacon & pulled pork.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Baboon, you sound like a neighbor I’d like to have. Larry seems to be a stand up guy as well. That’s just awesome. Chit, I barley know one of my neighbors, and the rest I don’t even ‘now their names. People directly behind me are straight up deyks

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Baboon, you sound like a neighbor I’d like to have. Larry seems to be a stand up guy as well. That’s just awesome. Chit, I barley know one of my neighbors, and the rest I don’t even ‘now their names. People directly behind me are straight up deyks
    We definitely found the right place to live. All the neighbors are stand up folks who look out for each other& help out each other.

I'm trying to clear out the wifes clothes, and keep hitting a wall making progress. Funny how clothes trigger memories. When I vote it was to couple from the neighborhood. And we talked about Lita. The one said shewould organize the ladies from the area to help me out.

The wife has a lot of books and I hate thining they might get dumped rather then used like her clothes.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    We definitely found the right place to live. All the neighbors are stand up folks who look out for each other& help out each other.

I'm trying to clear out the wifes clothes, and keep hitting a wall making progress. Funny how clothes trigger memories. When I vote it was to couple from the neighborhood. And we talked about Lita. The one said shewould organize the ladies from the area to help me out.

The wife has a lot of books and I hate thining they might get dumped rather then used like her clothes.
    You can sell the books to 1/2 price books..

Top Bottom