Lynx Defense

I aint gonna do it...(buy ammo, that is)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I'm down to my last can of WMR and sweating over it!
    Walmart in Gainesville has tons of CCI 22 WMR (and other stuff). I know it's far away from you but...
    I only buy enough anymore to keep my stock level even @ around 2k in 9mm and 45.
    THIS is how I do it too. Difference is I have not burned any ammo except some 5.56X45 for a test and I don't generally shoot the 2K stash of anything...I shoot my own ammo...when I rarely get to shoot anything.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Probably been over 3 years since I bought any.

About the same except for an odd box or three of .22. However, I'm looking at .38 spl right now. Missed the opportunity to stock up when I could have very easily :spank:

I'm not happy with it, but I'll probably pick some up for $25 a box (50), just deciding on how much I should go in for. I don't shoot a whole lot of it, but it would be nice to have a little more than I do. Factory .38/.357 just seem to be getting more and more harder to find and seem to come in waves as far as when the manufacturer's chose to actually produce it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Seemed ammo kept going up fir a while there. I would buy 4 boxes at Academy till it got too high.

But I ended up with a goodly bit of it. Should be good for a years worth of range trips. Haven’t bought any in months.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Maybe you should take up knitting. I hear yarn hasn’t gone up.
    Too late! Y'all dun missed the boat on the great yarn prices as well!!! :roflfunny::laughing:
    fredgraph.png
    1652819124920.jpeg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Saw some advertised prices that were almost reasonable and almost took the bait.

With shipping, it still would have been almost double of what it was pre-pandemic and pre FJB. I figure when companies start to see an uptick in sales, that's where the prices are going to level off. So, I'm not going to do it. Supply and demand, correct?

I know my decision won't, single-handedly, make a difference. Still, it's the principle of the thing for me.

That's quite the gamble you're taking if you need ammo.

Nothing going on right now bodes well for ammo prices.

Political atmosphere, economic atmosphere, inflation, fuel prices (shipping), material shortages and price increases, and just plain peace destabilizing.

My advice is to buy now if you can find it. The only downside would be wasting a few bucks but does that really matter in the long run compared to me being right?

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Seemed ammo kept going up fir a while there. I would buy 4 boxes at Academy till it got too high.

But I ended up with a goodly bit of it. Should be good for a years worth of range trips. Haven’t bought any in months.

Political atmosphere, economic atmosphere, inflation, fuel prices (shipping), material shortages and price increases, and just plain peace destabilizing.

My advice is to buy now if you can find it. The only downside would be wasting a few bucks but does that really matter in the long run compared to me being right?

I don't gamble.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I buy what I can when I can afford it. I still try to shoot weekly to keep skill level up. In this day an age you never know when you will need the skill. I am a member of a local range that manufacturers their own ammo. Members get a better rate so I buy when the have it. I reload when I can find components. Primers are scarce as y'all know. I recently got back into 45 acp. Wow the prices on that are high. But I shoot them well. Till it gets better or worse. Keep your skill level up.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I stocked up back in 2018. 50k rounds of .22lr at .042 cents a round and several thousand rounds each of 9mm, .45acp, 5.56, 7.62, .45 Long Colt, .22 WMR, .38 special, .357 mag, and .44 mag. I shouldn't have to buy anything for the rest of my life, assuming I make it another 20 years. Most of my shooting now days is .22lr. Sporadically I shoot the others. Once a month I shoot my carry pistol.

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I stocked up back in 2018. 50k rounds of .22lr at .042 cents a round and several thousand rounds each of 9mm, .45acp, 5.56, 7.62, .45 Long Colt, .22 WMR, .38 special, .357 mag, and .44 mag. I shouldn't have to buy anything for the rest of my life, assuming I make it another 20 years. Most of my shooting now days is .22lr. Sporadically I shoot the others. Once a month I shoot my carry pistol.
    You done good, Pilgrim.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Prices aren't going to come down any time soon. We're past neckbeard scalper times on Gunbroker right now at least.

But absolutely everything is high. I really don't expect any kind of return to the old ways to occur. Might as well get used to it.

At least .22 LR at Walmart has been somewhat normally priced. I've bought plenty of that over the last year.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    don't shoot what I got, Range fees higher than ammo prices. probably sell it off before the 'people' come for it. probably get cheated by some sob story in guntrader again like recently when I offered up some various I don't have guns for. came on here to maybe sell it but got alot of hassle about 25 posts and all that. so it's still collecting dust. no other family shoots so my wife will probably give it all away when I die. hope your day is better than mine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom