• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Planning on having the wife’s family over Sunday. Her mom & dad & a couple of her cousins. One use to competition cook.
    Menu
    Pulled pork butt
    Smoked brisket
    Pot of pinto beans
    Potato salad
    Scratch picante sauce
    Avacado hummus with asst chips

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Heavy fat is trimmed off the pork butt & its been rubbed down for the smoker tomorrow. The lump charcoal is in the smoker for a 4:00 start to get a 12 hour smoke.

My scratch picante sauce is done. The avocado hummus is done. I’ll boil the spuds eggs for the potatoe salad after a break.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    tenor.gif

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    7:00 and my first smoked brisket is on the Kamado. The temperature is holding 225. I’ll shoot a picture in2 hours when I spritz it for the first time.

The wife’s 2 cousins have prior commitments, so it will be just her mom & dad. Her dick father is so COVID crazy he said he will stay out on the porch. Funny how the wife couldn’t bring her dawg to their house for Mother’s Day, but her dad is bringing their dog! I’ll probably speak more to the dawg then her parents!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It would be funny if he was a member and saw your post...
    I wouldn’t even care! He’s a total Fudd. If the wife’s cousins were coming the safes would get opened, and he would shit himself. I’m waiting for him to lecture me about the ammunition stockpile.

They left Houston like 15-16 years ago. I have never been to their house. The wife said he was butt hurt that I didn’t buy their house.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I threw down big time yesterday afternoon. Luckily, got all my grilling done before dark and the rain started. I grilled hamburgers, hot links, hot dogs, sausages, chicken breasts, chicken leg quarters, and country style pork ribs. Wife made potato salad, a macaroni salad and baked beans to go with all the grilled meats. We got enough for the next several days.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Had a bunch over Saturday for brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, potato salad, raw broccoli salad (I know, ugh) baked beans and a homemade cheesecake. Used a partially dreamed up bourbon and honey glaze on the ribs. Masterbuilt laid down during the ribs so had to finish them in the oven. Decided I had had it with the Masterbuilt (MES) but didn't like the temperature swings reported with pellet units even though every reviewer said no problem. Picked out a Pit Boss vertical that sounded good and it must be good because it is out of stock everywhere. Sooo bought a work table that I had been needing, put the MES up on it and repaired it. Will spare readers the details and language. Will smoke sausage links and boudin with it this afternoon.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I threw down big time yesterday afternoon. Luckily, got all my grilling done before dark and the rain started. I grilled hamburgers, hot links, hot dogs, sausages, chicken breasts, chicken leg quarters, and country style pork ribs. Wife made potato salad, a macaroni salad and baked beans to go with all the grilled meats. We got enough for the next several days.
    Better than "threw up"! :)

Top Bottom